You've Seen Mine; Show Me Yours

2 Weeks Later

Can't you see

I love you

Please don't break my heart in two

That's not hard to do

'Cause I don't have a wooden heart Can't you see

I love you

Please don't break my heart in two

That's not hard to do

'Cause I don't have a wooden heart

Elvis was stood inside the puppet tent, lip-syncing along to himself as the cameras shot the scene. As he played along with the Punch and Judy puppets, entertaining the children watching as well as his co-stars, he noticed a group of people appear at the edge of the studio. Continuing as best he could with the scene, he glanced over to where they were stood. Unable to control himself, Elvis smiled; Demi was stood at the head of the group, grinning as she watched him.

And if you say goodbye

Then I know that I would cry

Maybe I would die

'Cause I don't have a wooden heart

He continued with the scene as Demi walked closer. He managed to mask his chuckle when she took her heels off so as not to disturb the filming. She stood behind the director and waved to him shyly. Looking slyly at her, he continued with the song.

There's no strings upon this love of mine

It was always you from the start

Treat me nice

Treat me good

Treat me like you really should

'Cause I'm not made of wood

And I don't have a wooden heart

Eventually the song ended, and the director called cut on the scene. “That was great, Elvis. It really looked like you meant the lyrics.” Elvis blushed, clearing his throat. “What do you expect? I was acting! I’m just so good, you believed me!” He replied, laughing with the director. “Break for lunch! Well done everybody! See you in two hours!” The producer yelled, patting Elvis on the shoulder as he followed the director out. “Who’s the girl?” Juliet Prowse, his leading lady, asked. “Which one? There’s quite a few milling around.” Elvis replied. “You know exactly which I mean. The one you were staring at practically the whole way through the scene!” Elvis glanced over at Demi, who was chatting with Robert Ivers, the actor playing his best friend. “Demi.” Elvis said at last. “Is she someone special?” Juliet asked, lighting a cigarette. “Depends who you ask.” “I’m asking you.” “Oh well, I think she’s mighty special. But not in the way Robert think she’s special.” “Oh? And in what way does Robert think she’s special that is different to how you think she’s special?” “Demi’s a model.” Elvis replied, finally looking back at Juliet. “Say no more.” She said, laughing as she walked away.

“Elvis, we were just talking about you! You didn’t tell me that you’re good friends with Demi Lovato!” Robert exclaimed as Elvis reached where he and Demi were stood. Elvis shrugged. “Didn’t think it was important.” He replied. “Not important? Not important! This is Demi Lovato! She’s the world’s most famous model! Dare I say, a super model?” “That has a nice ring to it. Don’t you think, E?” Demi asked. “When it’s to do with you, honey, of course it does. Everything about you is super.” Elvis replied. “So how’d you two meet?” Robert asked quickly, not wanting to be forgotten by the gorgeous model standing before him; it was hard to get in with the ladies when Elvis Presley was around. “We grew up together, actually. Our parents went to school together and then had houses just down the street from each other. Elvis never got on with my older sister when they were younger, but he took a liking to me and we were best friends until he moved to Memphis.” “So you guys are pretty close again, huh?” Robert asked, beginning to loose hope that he would get a date with Demi. “We’re getting there.” Demi replied, looking up at Elvis with a sweet smile on her face. When Elvis winked at her and she giggled, Robert knew it was a loosing battle. “So where are you two off to now?” He asked them, getting over his defeat. “Nowhere that I know of. I didn’t even know Demi was coming to the set.” Elvis replied honestly. “I have a photo shoot in an hour or so. We could go for lunch and then maybe you could come see what I do for a change.” “I went to your fashion show.” Elvis reminded her. “Yes, but I’m more of a pictorial model. I mainly do magazine work.” “So I haven’t really seen what you do then?” “You’ve only scratched the surface.” Demi replied, in an almost seductive tone. Robert could see he was being forgotten, so excused himself from their company. “Don’t you want to come along?” Demi asked. “Nah. But thanks anyway. I’m gonna go talk to the dancers on lot 3! See if I can’t get myself a date for this Friday night! Wish me luck!” “Good luck!” Elvis and Demi called out in unison as they waved Robert off. “Now we’re alone…” Elvis began, putting his arm around Demi’s waist. “Mmm?” Demi mirrored him, putting her arm around his waist. “Why don’t you show me what you do for a living?”