Chapter Eleven - Back Again. Yay...

The next day, everything was jumbled into a big blur. As was the next day. And the day after that. Was this a side affect of the serum that dumb Undertaker gave me? Or is it myself? I slowly remember the first time I got one of the pieces.

Bob the Hermit was sitting across from me in the grass. People thought he was crazy, when he really wasn't. Other people just can't grasp the concept of shinigami. Bob was saying something when his eyes rolled back into his head, and the world around us got dark.

"Little demon, sits astride, the big black horse she calls her guide. The horse turns back, but does not she. Staying behind to right the wrong, never flee."

I didn't understand what happened that day, and neither did Bob, but after that, pieces of the poem kept popping up at random, like this hippie I found in America. I thought maybe he was drunk or something, but no. Still the poem.

"Char-chan?" Mitsukuni shakes my shoulder.

"What? Oh. Hi, Honey-senpai!" I fake smile at him. I'm sitting in a tree, my legs under me, in a kimono. How exactly did that boy get up here?

"Are you okay, Char-chan? You seem a little distant today," Honey plops next to me.

"Me? Oh, I'm fine!" I wave my hand absentmindedly.

"Okay! Do you want to watch me make some tea?" The energetic Loli-shota puts his arms around my neck.

"Sure, why not?" I reply, and hop down off the tree. Some girls stare at me like I did something cool. It really wasn't. I just jumped down from a tree with Mitsukuni on my back. Nothing. Really.

Soon, Haruhi and I are sitting across from Takashi and Mitsukuni, watching the little blond boy whisk green tea about in a bowl. But he's going it horribly.

Should we tell him? I glance over at Haruhi, who gives a miniscule shake of the head. But then Takashi bends down to Mitsukuni's ear and whispers, "Mitsukuni. You've lost too much."

He told him! Tears start to fill the poor boy's eyes as he gazes down at the tiny amount of tea that is left in the bowl.

"Honey-kun! I'll take it! It looks so good!" One of the girls next to him takes the bowl and gulps the little drops down.

"Yes," the other girl says. "That's exactly the amount I wanted to have!"

I grin slightly, before standing. "I should probably go help around, guys. See you later!"

"Bye, Char-chan!" One other girl exclaims.

"See you later!" The other girl says.

I walk around the garden, admiring the cherry blossoms, when Haruhi comes up behind me. "Hey, Char-chan, are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine," I struggle to force a grin, adjusting my eye patch nervously.

"I don't think so. You've been distant lately. Dad and I are worried about you," Haruhi puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Just some old demons... Figuratively, of course," I assure my sister.

"Who was that guy from a few days ago, the one who kidnapped us?" Haruhi asks as we walk along the stone paths.

"Just I guy I knew... Undertaker, an ex-shinigami," I explain, hopping up back into one of the trees.

Haruhi nods, and walks away. I glance over at Druitt 2.0, watching him show off his knowledge of the antiques. But he got it wrong.