Chapter 1

I walk backwards toward class while still talking to Carol who is right beside me, I know it’s a bad idea to be walking backwards especially at school in a crowded hallway. I turn around, as we get closer to the classroom when I run into something or rather someone blocking my path. I lift me head to see a gorgeous face starring down at me. I stand speechless as I take in his features, his emerald green eyes stand out against his even suntan, and his smile reveals his pearly white braces free teeth.

‘Hello.’ I melt even more as I hear him talk for the first time, a wonderful English accent that can make every guy jealous and every girl want. Carol nudges my side; I turn to her and realize I still haven’t spoken yet.

‘Hi I’m Nathan,’ he holds a hand out to shake mine.

‘Hi…I’m Kiara,’ I answer taking his hand in mine, as soon as our hands touch I instantly get a warming sensation, a feeling like nothing I have ever felt with my past boyfriends or anyone.

I hear gasps in the background, filling the halls with whispers. Nathan goes his separate way to his first class, as I continue to walk with Carol to our class, we get to the door and I hear a few people walking past mention my name, I just brush it off knowing it’s the usual gossip. It isn’t until lunchtime, when I finally find out what all the gossip is about. It turns out that Nathan looks like a singer from the band 'The Wanted' they are meant to be well known, well if that's the case how come I haven't heard of them. I turn my attention away from Carol, Joanna and Steph who are having a group discussion without me.

I scan the room trying to find Nathan, it’s loud with talking and laughter until the far end doors of the cafeteria open, and the room starts to have an irritating silence. All eyes turn to the person walking through the door, a smile comes across my face, my hands begin to get clammy, and I feel my heart race faster than normal as Nathan walks through the doors. The silence turns into loud whispered conversations about him, and his supposedly true identity. I can’t find the strength to turn my head away from his charming looks, I notice him scanning the room, looking for somewhere to sit or looking for someone.

He spots me watching him, but before I could turn around he starts waving at me, and begins to walk my way. I turn away to try and make it look like I didn’t see him and hopefully he stops walking over here, I begin to feel a bit bad about doing this, knowing he is new and doesn’t know many people. I straighten up and take a deep breath but before I could exhale, I feel a million eyes on me. The one thing I hate the most is when lots of eyes are starring and watching me, I lose my confidence and I forget how to speak.

I look up to see Nathan standing above me, ‘Hello.’

I open my mouth to respond but nothing comes out, I freeze remembering all eyes are on me. His smile fades; he begins to walk away as his mood lightens up a bit as he notices some people walking into the cafeteria.

‘Hi,’ I finally say as he goes to join his new friends at a different table on the other side of the cafeteria. My eyes follow him as he takes a seat with his friends.

‘What just happened to you?’

‘I have no idea,’ I say looking down at the table with shame as I think back to how I didn’t respond to him, the hottest guy in school. I look back over to Nathan like something is drawing me to him; I can’t keep my eyes off of him.