00

"WHY WOULD YOU PLEDGE YOUR LOYALTY TO A CLAN THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN?"

Coventina kom Floukru loved the ocean. She loved the salty smell of the air. She loved waking up to waves calmly splashing against the fisherman's wharf her and her people lived on.

Floukru, or the Boat People, were a thriving civilization off of the mainland. They isolated themselves from the other clans so they could live in peace without any war. Only people of high authority got to go to the mainland. People like Luna—the leader of the Boat People—and her guards.

Though Coventina adored her home, sometimes she wondered about the mainland. People of the mainland consumed her thoughts. What do they look like? What did they do in passing? Have they ever smelt the salty air of the sea?

Lying in her bed on a rainy spring afternoon, Coventina thought up a plan to escape.

She waited until Floukru was blanketed by sleep. Then, she took a small boat and filled it with her belongings. She got onto the boat and sailed off, not before mumbling the words, "Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim", may we meet again.

A few hours later, Coventina reached the mainland just as the sun was rising. She breathed in the new air as she stepped foot on her new home. She pulled her things onto her back and headed to the forest up ahead. As she reached the trees, she looked back to the water, almost wanting to go back.

But something in her told her to stay.

And so, she continued. From then on, the salty smell of the ocean became a distant dream for Coventina Kom Floukru.

SET TWO YEARS BEFORE THE 100 HIT THE GROUND
I DO NOT OWN THE 100, THOUGH I DO OWN THE PLOT AND MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER(S).
JULY 8, 2017 —