Chapter 9: Offer

Începe de la început

"I came in here because you're obviously still pissed about the stupid company model fiasco last night and I don't like being on bad terms with my co-workers, especially not my boss."

I can't tell if Harry's surprised about me outburst or not because he kind of just sits there and stares at me a bit. I'm pretty sure the only emotion he has is anger because I haven't witnessed anything else.

"Okay," he says finally.

"Okay?" I repeat incredulously.

"Yeah, okay, whatever," Harry waves a hand in the air. "Sorry about freaking out last night. I must have given you the wrong sheet."

I nod slowly. I'm actually really proud he decided to own up to his mistake, but for some reason he looks as depressed as he did five minutes ago.

"Um, is everything alright?" I ask after a few moments pass by.

Harry's eyes snap up to mine and he looks at me, really looks at me. My heart starts beating just a few paces faster and I frown. Must be the coffee.

"I have a headache," Harry's saying, rubbing at his temples again.

An idea immediately pops into my head. "Here, I know a way to get rid of the tension."

"What?" His head pops up so fast I can hear his neck crack. I mentally cringe as I realized how bad my words sounded. By the pink tinge in Harry's cheeks, I know he's probably embarrassed for me too.

"My...friend used to work at a spa, and she taught me how to give this amazing head message. It's supposed to alleviate tension headaches," I explain, thinking back to Kenna the hoe bag and her stupid massaging abilities. But hey, whatever I can do to kiss up to my boss, right?

Harry's face is still a little flushed but he nods nonetheless. I walk behind him and then, feeling a tad awkward, place my hands at the top of his head. As I knead my fingers deeper into his hair, tangling in his curls, I hear him inhale sharply.

"Oh, sorry, did I hurt you?" I ask.

"Um...no," he says. I frown a little in confusion but continue the massage.

"So, how's the planning for the meeting going?" I question him, desperate to rid the awkward silence.

Styles Enterprises has their semi-annual board meeting the following week and I can tell Harry's really stressed out about it. Apparently there's some huge offer about the company to discuss.

"Oh, it's fine. I actually gave you a couple things to work on for that. I hope you don't mind."

I laugh slightly. "Of course not. That's my job, remember?"

"Right," he says, and I laugh again.

I've just about finished the massage, but I really don't want to pull my fingers out of Harry's messy curls just yet. They're surprisingly soft and fluffy and honestly just amazing. Ryan's short blonde cut could never compare to this.

My stomach is being all weird. Maybe the eggs I ate for breakfast were past their expiration date. But the motions in my belly doesn't feel like food poisening. I actually feel nervous as I comb my fingers through Harry's curls again.

My face is burning. I imagine it's a bright tomato red by now. Why on earth is a little head massage making me feel like this?

Actually, I know why, deep inside, but the very idea of me having feelings for Harry makes me want to projectile vomit everywhere.

This was such a bad idea.

I take a deep breath and pull my fingers out of his hair slowly, and cringe when I realize my hands are trembling.

It's the coffee, I try to desperately convince myself. Even in my head it's obvious I'm lying.

"All done." I walk around to Harry's desk again and smile. "Did it help?"

He's staring at me with this look, this look that makes my smile drop off my face and my heart pound wildly. Because right now...Harry looks like he wants me.

And lord help me, I think I want him too.

"H-Harry?" I try again.

"Yeah, yeah I'm relaxed. Thanks."

If my heart beats any faster I'm going to have a heart attack. His voice is raspy and I know I have to leave right now or else something really bad is going to happen.

"You're welcome," is all I manage to get out before I quickly retreat back to my office.

As I collapse into my chair and attempt to calm my pounding heart, I try to figure out what exactly just happened.

I know Harry and I are pretty good friends (besides our occasional arguments) but now it feels different.

It feels like there's something more.

+++++++++++++++

A/N: not really sure what to say here so yeah, hope you liked the chapter!

so....do you think Leah is falling for Harry?

Do you think Harry is falling for Leah?

well...you'll find out soon enough!

dedication: Zellmer1DLuver...thank you for commenting!

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE! NEXT DEDICATION TO A RANDOM COMMENTER!