"Thank you for not telling them, Vera." I sighed, smiling at the small Hufflepuff as she moved her arm. She had been subjected to a brief interrogation from Alecto Carrow, who had drilled her about any possible rebellion in the Houses. Vera, amazingly, had held her tongue, but earned a few scratches in the process.

"She's a horrible person. I would not tell her if her robe was on backwards!" Vera said vehemently, her pretty brown eyes narrowed in dislike for the Carrow woman. Luna smiled softy from where she sat next to Vera.

"Well, it was very brave you." She said softly. Vera's frown quickly turned into a shy smile, and she shrugged.

"It was nothing. The scratches didn't hurt much, anyway."

"I'm sure." Luna said, not a trace of doubt in her dreamy voice. "Now why not you go find your friends? I'm sure they are looking for you."

"You're probably right. Thank you Luna, Alecia!" Vera chirped happily before walking away, opening the door to the Room of Requirement and peeking out carefully for just a second before she left, letting the door shut quietly behind her.

With a sigh I began packing up the healing kit, putting the instructive books back into their places.

"You are becoming very good at healing spells." Luna said thoughtfully. I smiled as I slid the case under the couch, the same place where we kept extra cloaks and sweaters. The Room of Requirement had provided nearly everything we needed, with the small exception of food and potions, which we had been able to come up with ourselves.

"Thank you, Luna." I replied, grateful for the compliment. "I'm trying my best."

"You are doing well. You have a steady hand for it." She said thoughtfully, rising from her spot on the couch. "You would be very good at catching Nargles."

"Thank you again." I said slowly, amused. "Like I said, I'm trying my best. I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to try and brew some potions- Pain reducers, sleeping draughts, and maybe some Vitamix. I'm sure I'll have to steal a cauldron or two from potions to manage it, but I think it'll be worth it in the end."

"I'm sure you are right. It is a shame about having to steal them though." She sighed, pale lips turning in a small frown. "However, you are right; It is necessary. Though I'm sure Professor Slughorn would help us if he could."

"I'm sure he would. But I don't trust him enough, and I don't know how closely the Carrows are watching him. I can't even attempt to talk to McGonagle without one of them appearing from around a corner."

"They are very good at what they do." Luna said gravely, giving her head a small shake.

"They are indeed." I muttered, rolling my eyes. I opened my mouth to mention something else the Carrow's were good at when the door to the Room of Requirement opened, revealing a very tired looking Neville Longbottom.

"Neville!" I exclaimed, rising from where I knelt by the couch. He smiled at me, lifting a hand gingerly in greeting. His other one remained by the side, still an ugly purple color. I had offered to heal it, but he had insisted otherwise; The Carrows had banned healing on any punishment wounds, and it was already suspicious enough that his hand didn't appear to be broken. If it was completely fine, he was sure all hell would break loose as they tried to find who had access to healing books.

He was probably right.

"Hey Lily, Luna." He greeted, letting my name slip before he could stop himself, and instantly turning pale upon realizing his mistake. I felt my eyes widen as I turned to look at Luna. But she seemed unfazed by it, her expression remaining even.