Home

Jellal left the group first. The Magic Council had arrived in the area, and Erza was quick to convince him to become scarce. He promised to stay in touch, before he flew off. Rogue saw that Erza wasn't remotely happy about him having to leave, but knew she would be okay as long as she knew the powerful, enigmatic mage was safe.

Blue Pegasus came next. The group had arrived at Master Bob's manor in no time, and the Trimens decided to remain there and contact the rest of their guild to help repair the Christina.

From there, Fairy Tail and Lamia Scale went there separate ways. Gray and Happy said goodbye to Lyon, while Jura asked Erza to give Master Makarov his regards, to which she agreed. Lucy and Sherry had developed a sort of rivalry over the course of the past few days, and separated on somewhat friendly/unfriendly terms, but Rogue had trouble deciding which it was.

Wendy left with Fairy Tail, deciding she wanted to meet the other Dragon Slayers and help them find the lost dragons. She seemed very excited at the prospect of joining a big guild like Fairy Tail, and chatted with Lucy and Erza nonstop about it.

Rogue smiled when she told him how happy she was to be working with him, but his thoughts were actually on someone else entirely.

/\/\/\/\/\

When the wizards from Fairy Tail finally got home, it was late at night again.

The guild was empty for the most part, but Master Makarov was still there, and he congratulated them on a job well done. He then went on to say they would have a party tomorrow to celebrate the group's safe return home, and to welcome Wendy and Charle into the guild. Since the little girl and the white she-cat had nowhere to go, Lucy offered to let them stay at her place, to which they happily agreed.

The girls then left to go home, with Happy following close behind. Gray also turned in, saying he would see them all tomorrow. Erza stayed to give Makarov a more detailed briefing on the mission, but Rogue decided to go home as well. He walked through the empty streets of Magnolia to his apartment, which wasn't that far from Lucy's in fact.

The Shadow Dragon walked with the girls for a while until they reached Lucy's place, but then he remembered the Gemini key he had with him. He gave that to Lucy with a quick thank you, and from there, he walked a few blocks down the side of the river to his own home.

Rogue opened the door quietly, and stepped inside. The Dragon Slayer took his boots off at the door, and set his katana against the wall, the three Gate Keys on the end clinking slightly.

As he did so, he head soft footsteps running to the door and looked up to see Yukino come around the corner in her light blue nightgown. The girl ran up to him and threw her arms around his neck. Rogue put his hands on her waist, pressing her soft form against his. Her hair was damp, as though she had just taken a shower.

Yukino mumbled against the material of his shirt, "You're back."

He smiled into her hair and agreed, "I'm back."

They stood there for a while, drinking in each other's presence. Yukino pulled back after a bit and stared at his face, eyes searching. She frowned when he didn't say anything and asked worriedly, "What is it?"

Rogue searched for the words to say. He was nervous about how she would react to the news about Sorano. The Dragon Slayer wasn't sure if she would be angry at him for what he'd done to her sister, and he was afraid she might not want anything to do with him once she did know.

On a sudden impulse, Rogue cupped her cheeks and kissed her for a long, long time. Yukino was surprised for a moment, but she quickly melted into him, placing her hands gently on his shoulders. He let himself get completely lost in the feel of her soft lips until he felt his head spin.