Chapter 6: A True Mentor

??? POV

"They were right. Alola does look nice in the evenings." I said with my Lucario by my side.

Lucario nodded. "I agree. This looks nicer than I imagined it."

We were sitting out here on a small cliffside, watching the sun go down as a native to Alola recommended it for us.

"I'm glad that we chose to stop here on our trip. Too bad we have to leave eventually."

"Yeah. I could get used to this pla-" Suddenly we both felt a weird spark of aura.

I looked at Lucario. "You felt that, too right?"

"Yes. It felt close."

"Well let's go find it."

Sun POV

"Nice job Lillie. That was way faster than yesterday." I said in acknowledgement.

We had continued her training from where we left off yesterday. We kept working on Aura Spheres, but we are making sure her time for making them was faster.

She was panting. Constantly making Aura Spheres was draining her. I could tell she needed a break.

"That was a huge improvement from when you started yesterday. But for now, you need a break. It's mine and Lucarios turn to practice now."

She looked up with more determination. "But I want to keep going."

I shook my head. "Lillie, if you keep going, you will burn out. If that happens you may kill yourself. Don't risk it."

"Alright. You win." She walked up and kissed me on the cheek. "But that doesn't mean I am done."

I turned to Lucario. "You ready?"

"Whenever you are." He said as we got into battle stance.

We rush towards each other. I launched an Aura Sphere, which he blocked with Bone Rush. He keeps rushing me and swings as he gets close. I dodge and backflip to kick his weapon, disarming him.

After that we rush and exchange punches and kicks, which we either block or we dodge. After a few misses, I predicted where he was going and landed a clean kick to his chest. He recovered quickly, and rushed with a punch that pushed me back a few feet.

Suddenly, I sense two auras in the background besides Lillie. It felt powerful for some reason. They were hiding in the trees.

"Looks like we have guests." I tell Lucario once we stop for a second.

"Yes we do. Why don't we greet them?" Lucario said.

We Launched a few Aura Spheres where we could sense them. As we did, they jumped out of their hiding place and avoided our attack.

It was a guy and his Lucario. The guy had a blue Pokeball cap with a Keystone on it. Underneath it, I saw he had jet black hair. He wore a red shirt with a Pokeball on it as well. He had black shorts and red shoes.

We read their auras real quick, and noticed that the guy had a completely dark blue aura with slight imprints of gold. We sensed the same on his Lucario.

"Not bad. You both must have pretty powerful auras in you to sense us like that." He said while smirking.

I formed an Aura blade as Lillie ran behind me. "Ok back up. I don't know who you are, but if they sent you here, you won't get out of here unscathed."