Chapter 10: Minor Set Back

Sorry for such a late update, hope you like it i'm giving a little more insite to Holly. Also i'm posting a picture of Jessica Stam who is kind of what i thought Holly would look like if this were real life/a movie. So anyways thanks for reading and please comment of any questions or telling me i did a good/bad job. Thanks :) 

Chapter 10: Minor Set Back.

Holly had been riding this blasted horse for a day straight. She had heard that Kayle was taking the wretch Blair to the Cottage, it would be at least a week time's ride with having to stop at dark to keep from thieves, plus the horses had to be stopped and rested. She slowed down her horse till he was going at a slow trot.

“I think we should stop soon, maybe set up camp and get ready for the night.” Holly said to Henry.

Holly wasn't too sure what Blair seen in this Henry. He was obviously gorgeous, his blonde hair and deep blue eyes and with the body of a god; but he had a dry personality. He wasn't the least bit charming, but then again she could careless as long as she got to marry Kayle and become queen. Besides, she didn't plan on keeping the toad Blair alive long enough to care about her preferences in men. As long as it wasn't HER man.

Henry dismounted the horse and walked him further into the wooded area they were riding in. Henry knew the king probably had his trackers out by now, they needed to stay off all the roads. So far Holly was good at remaining un seen. If he didn't know better he would think she had done this before. He walked the horses over to a small stream so they could drink. He bent down and splashed the water on his face and neck. He turned around and watched as Holly rushed around picking up wood and sticks for a fire. He smirked as he watched her work. He could see why Kayle had her in his bed. She was very beautiful, maybe he would keep her around and make her his mistress. After all every king had to have a mistress. After all his mother was a mistress.

It was now dark, Holly and Henry were sitting close to the fire. Holly was cuddled up in her blankets and the horses were both fed and rested. It would only be a few more days before she could get Kayle back and put all this business behind her.

“So how do you know so much about living and traveling un seen. For a girl who was raised in the palace you know a lot about being unseen.” Henry asked.

She had never really told anyone the truth about her parents death. Not even Kayle, hell especially not Kayle. What would it hurt to share her story with a stranger.

“My parents were thieves. In fact my father was the leader of the thieves of Nottingham. Simmons isn't my uncle, he found me when I was little wondering the streets of Nottingham after my father was hung, and my mother died.” Holly said.

Henry didn't know she had such a past, he had completely pegged her wrong.

“How did she die?” Henry asked.

Holly laughed humorlessly.

“She was a whore, she wasn't even sure if I was my fathers or one of her many clients. My father hated both me the product of a whore, and my mother for it. He would reminded her how much he hated her for birthing me by her daily beatings. Along with giving me a few good lashings for being the daughter of a whore. One day he took it too far and she died.” Holly explained.

“What happen to him?” Henry asked his fist clinched.

Holly shrugged.

“After my mother died I ran away, I wondered the streets doing what I had to do to get by until Simmons found me, and took me in. He and his wife were a freshly married and on their way to the palace to work for the king.” Holly explained.