Chapter 13: story of octopiss | Evan

Penny seemed to be aware of my mood the whole night, for she encouraged me to sing a few songs with the band for the cafe. I was hesitant at first, but I eventually caved in because of peer pressure, and honestly, it was not that bad.

I hadn't sang in front of a crowd since the talent show, with Kameron by my side with her violin. The memory was bittersweet.

When I decided to take a break, the onyx eyed girl leaped up onto the stage and decided that she was going to do some 'storytelling'.

"Let me tell you a story about the one they call octopiss," Penny began, before she started spouting what I thought was utter gibberish, but the customers of the cafe seemed to find it enjoyable.

The octopiss had issues with his arms. He couldn't keep them to himself. One day, he was walking down the toilet in K2, and a knife fell on him. His legs were severed. He became septapiss.

He was happy because now he had one less arm to 'hand'le. He left a trail of tomato sauce and mayonnaise as he walked down mustard road. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind came and blew one of his arms off. Now, he was hexapiss.

A man 'hex'ed the hexapiss, saying he was too scary. The hexapiss responded with "I'm not scary, I'm kowai," The man blinked and kicked hexapiss very hard, and one of his other arms flew off, and continue to fly 'cause it didn't like hexapiss. He was now: pentapiss.

Pentapiss realised that he liked carrots, therefore, he earned some pents and built a 'pent'house made out of carrots. He heard that carrots were good for eyesight, so he stuffed some up his eyeballs. He started bleeding chatime. A group of rabbits ate his carrot penthouse and when he tried to stop them, they bit one of his arms off. He discovered he was now rectapiss.

He enjoyed being rectapiss a lot, but unfortunately, he got hungry for calamari and performed cannibalism. He ate one of his arms off. While eating, the thought came to his mind: 'I am not rectapiss, now I am triapiss.'

When he was walking down the street, he realised that he was further from the ground than he used to be. He also seemed to grow two sticks out of the bottom of his body. He discovered that he had changed. He was no longer a triapiss, he was human. His name ... Octo Piss the VI.

"Penny," I said when she finished speaking.

She stepped off the stage, approached one of the tables and collected a couple of finished glasses before placing them on a tray that conveniently happened to be located nearby. "Yes?"

"That was a terrible story," I stated, quite straightforwardly (in my own opinion).

"Please, you're just salty because you can't come up with something as good as octopiss." Penny walked towards the staff room at the back of the cafe with the tray in her arms. She smiled smugly when I didn't reply immediately. "See? You know I'm right."

I shrugged. "I think I can do better."

She quirked an eyebrow. "Oh, really? I still think octopiss is the best."

Filled with a determination to prove Penny wrong, I stepped up onto the stage, and called for everyone's attention. Then I began to speak, picking out words from my mind and stringing them in such a way that it formed a sentence. A sentence, that carried not just meaning but emotions. The pain, the heartbreak, the loss. And also, the happiness.

The feeling that I belonged.

The air was calm, a warm, comforting breeze drifting lost through the trees, treading gently through the patched fields of grass. Clouds drifted in lazy waves across the vast, vast, landscape of sky that stretched forever. A never ending spray of blue paint. The birds would hum gently, and the melody would linger in the wind for just a second too long. A note that would carry on forever.