"im literally about to pass out actually." dan stated. "i didn't get any sleep last night."

"i know what would wake you up." athena prompted as her voice dropped to a whisper. "wanna be in the mile high club?"

i somehow managed a laugh to slip through my lips. my fist loosened as it struck me how ridiculous athena sounded. i opened my clenched hands and studied the pink crescent moon indents my nails left behind.

i watched as dan rose from his kneeling position next to athena. i must've blanked out when he answered athena or maybe he didn't even answer her at all. he knelt in front of me, barely even needing to take a step because of his long legs. "hey sexy." i greeted sarcastically.

dan looked down at his feet momentarily while laughing before raising his head once more to gaze at me. "how are you baby?"

"im doing just fine baby."

"have you been good princess?"

"ive been a bad girl daddy. ive done naughty things."

"does daddy need to punish you babygirl?"

the minute he finished his sentence both dan and i bursted into a fit of giggles. the whole plane stared at us.

"are you excited for new york?" dan questioned, causing our laughter to come to an abrupt halt.

i shrugged. "it just reminds me of immigration. i hated that process."

"trust me, i know." dan stated. i raised an eyebrow. he still lives in his home country, england. "i read up on it. i was planning to move to california but it was just too much work."

i nodded my head before leaning forwards to his ear. "we should meet up later." i said softly and he nodded in response.

"ill slip you my extra room key once i check in." he whispered in my ear. immediately after dan placed a whisper of a kiss under it. "i think i have to go now."

he rose from his previous position and gave me a slight gesture of departure as he exited back down the aisle. i grinned to myself in satisfaction as a foreign fuzzy feeling formed in my stomach. a small laugh escaped my lips for an unknown reason and i quickly covered my mouth with my hand.

***

a pristine red envelope sitting on the bed of my hotel room caught my eye as i hauled my luggage in. i was requested to have separate housing than the other girls again which i was starting to be thankful of.

i plucked the envelope from its pervious position and delicately opened it, making sure not to cause any tears. i took out a card inside the present along with the room key.

this envelope will self-destruct in three minutes

im room 309 on the 25th floor :)

i laughed to myself before placing the card on the desk. opening the curtains, i was surprised by the gorgeous view i somehow got. glass structures that scraped the clouds lined the golden horizon. grey clouds blotted the sky like irregular paint strokes on a blank canvas.

"i got dates (y/n)!" savannah called while knocking on my door.

"im coming!" i answered as i ran to the door and opened it. savannah scrunched her nose when she saw my room.

the bachelor ▹ dan howell x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara