dan

"my god! this suitcase is worth more than me!" exclaimed emery as she examined the luggage full of expensive jewelry and clothing that the producers blessed all of the contestants with

athena was unimpressed, "couldn't say the same for myself." she ignored the present and plopped onto her bed.

i searched through the luggage, finding diamond earrings, bathing suits, and even a gucci perfume. i wouldn't be able to afford half the items in this suitcase with three years of my wage as a waitress.

a waft of perfume plagued the air. i gagged at the rich aroma of mothballs and fruitcake. "did someone bottle my nonna?" i remarked, plugging my nose.

athena swatted at the air and violently coughed. "what the hell?" she shouted as she too plugged her nose.

emery stared at us innocently with a perfume bottle in hand from her bed place conveniently by the door. i rushed over and opened it to air our small room out.

"what's the disgusting smell?" i heard a girl yell from down the dimly lit hall. she received a series of shushes from contestants still exhausted after the rose ceremony. the three of us, along with most of the other girls, passed out immediately once we got to our room. six hours later we finally decided to unpack our luggage in which they dropped off before we arrived. that's when we discovered three identical suitcases sitting daintily atop our dresser, the gifts.

our room was simplistic and almost identical to the other girls. there were three beds side by side facing a wall with a dresser, presumably where the tv would've been. i somehow got stuck with the bed adjacent to the bathroom, what luck. silk white bedsheets were adorned by matching silk white pillows. it honestly felt like a cloud.

"i could really go for a burger and fries right now." i admitted, glancing out the vacant hallway towards the stairway leading downstairs.

"wait, you're not a vegan?" exclaimed athena as she covered her mouth in disgust. she eyed at me up and down.

"wait, you're not a virgin?" i snapped and minicked her tone as i covered my mouth as well. her jaw dropped as she scowled at me. "what? i thought we were stating the obvious."

emery stared at me wide-eyed, mouth gaping while athena shot daggers. "i'm sorry," i apologized. "i'm just super tired." i rubbed my eyes as i fell back upon my bed once again. emery did the same and eventually so did athena. minutes later the lights were off and we passed out once more.

***

my eyes fluttered open to reveal i was completely alone in an unknown bed at an unknown time. i jolted up, attempting to take in my surroundings. the fact that it was pitch dark besides the light radiating from the cracks in the door made it nearly impossible to view my location. it wasn't until i reached over to the side table in order to grab my phone just to realize that i didn't have it did i comprehend what was happening.