Chapter Ten

Cyli's POV

I looked over at AJ who was driving with one hand and the other hand resting against his face as it leant against the car door on his left side. The car was quiet exccept for the very low sound of country music playing for his radio station. "Thank you." I mumbled. 

"For what." He said trying to out-mumble me. 

"Taking me to see Lucas." I said as we pulled into the parking lot. 

"Mhm." He muttered. 

"I'm sorry." I said opening the car door but not getting out yet. 

"Sorry for what exactly?" he turned to me and we made eye contact. "Sorry for turning me down so quick or bringing up Lucas in the middle of our day? Sorry for bailing on me for your abusive boyfriend who is in jail? Sorry for not even responding to me about what I told you. Cyli, I have liked you since I met you and I don't think yoou know how much courage that took." He was trying to sound angry but sounded more depressed than anything. "I care about you so much." His voice got raspy and I couldn't tell if he was about to cry or not. "I don't want to see you hurt again because you are my world. You make me feel like the happiest person alive."

I started to tear up and I stood up getting out of the car. "Can we talk about this later?" I asked. 

"Later? We talked about everything 'later'." He said. "I want to talk about this now." 

"I need to do something." I said. "Please just let me talk to Lucas first." I wiped my eyes. 

He nodded turning his head away from me. "Jesus fucking christ Cyli. I love you!" He turned back full on crying now. 

"The last person who said that to me, left bruises on my body." I slammed the car door and walked into the building. I wiped my eyes again. "I need to visit with Lucas-"

"We figured you would come. Someone called ahead of time so you would have time to talk to him." A lady said. I looked out the clear double door windows where I could see AJ running his hands through his hair. I nodded. 

-

I sat down in a cold chair infront of a clear glass window with a black telephone ung up, the same on the opposite side. Lucas sat down in front of me. 

"Back already?" Lucas said as he picked up the black phone talking to me. I just nodded. "I miss you babe."

I looked at him slowly. "I don't know if I miss you yet." I whispered. He gave me this shocked look. "How long will you be here?"

"Not sure. But when I get out that punk AJ is dead." He said. 

"He was trying to help." I said. 

"Trying to help what?" His voice raised. 

"Me. He was trying to help me."

"You were fine!" Lucas raised his voice then looked behind him at the gaurd who gave him a warning look. "Yu were fine." He repeated quietly. 

"No. No I wasn't." I whispered back feeling the tears come again. "I wasn't safe and we both know that. DOn't hide it. You know you could have killed me. You know you had all the power you wanted over me. You know this because you know I loved you." 

He bit his lip looking down, then back up at me. His eyes were heavily glossed. "Love? Or loved?" He asked. 

"Love. I love you." I wiped my eyes. 

"If it helps at all, you look great today." He laughed. 

"Thanks." I whisper with no emotion. "I didn't come here to be nice though." I said. "I came here to tell you whats going to happen. You have no control over me anymore as long as you're in here. I'm going to talk in a quiet tone, then you're going to speak the same way to me. I'm going to break up with you and then we're gonna argue some more because I know thats what you like to do. I'm gonna show you some of my bruises so you can see the pain you caused me, then I'm gonna tell you that when you get out you won't talk to me or touch me ever again and if you do then I go back to the cops."

"Babe." He whispered. "Please don't do this." A tear rolled down his face and I wanted to bawl my eyes out and tell him I was sorry but thats not what I need to do. "DOn't let me go yet. Give me another chance." 

"I can't do this to myself. Every time I shower you know what I see? Bruises. Bruises everywhere. Everytime I look int eh mirror you know what I see? An ugly girl who is worth nothing and doesn't deserve to be alive-"

"But that's not true!" He cried. 

"Then why did you make me feel like it was?" I sighed. 

"Cyli please please please." Everytime he said a word more tears fell. "You are all I have."

"Had." I looked down. 

"Why are you doing this?" He asked. 

I stood up and lifted my shirt slightly to reveal a purple brown bruised stretched across my body. I put my shirt down then lowered my top so he could see the mark from where his hand was when he held me agaisnt the wall. 

"I had no idea that would happen." He whined. "Please dont do this to me!" He said. 

"I need you to understand me Lucas. I can't do this anymore. As much as I love you I can't. Maybe when you get out and I think you changed we can be friends but until then I don't want to talk to you." I wiped my face of the tears. 

"Cyli I will make a deal with you." He said. "I won't come near you whe I get out as long as you promise to come back and talk to me at least twice a week. I want to see you and I want to prove that I'm better than what I did to you. Maybe next time you come we can meet without this stupid glass in front of us." He smiled through the tears. I didn't say anything but licked my lips. "I really wanna fucking kiss you right now Cyli." 

I looked him once more in the eye and hung up the phone. I stood up and left as quickly as possible. Before leaving the building I looked at him once more. He still stared at me through the glass window crying before dropping the phone and walking away. I left the building and looked at AJ's car where he stood outside of it on the phone with his back to me. 

"I don't care Cameron." He said into the phone. "I love her and even if she doesn't love me back I'm gonna be there for her. She's my bestfriend and there is no better person in the world than her. From what she's been through I'm glad she's still here. She is the strongest person I know." His voice paused and I could hear voices on the other line. "No. No, don't you dare say that about her." Another pause occured. "Don't fucking say that. You don't klnow her like I do." There was another pause and I stepped closer trying to hear even through I couldn't. "She is my best friend. You say that again and I swear to god you wont live to see twenty." He hung up the phone and looked across the parking lot. He looked at his phone and raised his arm throwing it as far as he could. Across the street you could see it land and fall into pieces. I stepped back. 

AJ put his back against the car and dragged it down so he was sitting on the ground. I turned the front of the car to see him and sat on the ground next to him. We didn't look at eachother. 

"AJ," I whispered wiping my nose. "I love you too."

Well damn guys. finally. so many of you wanted this to happen so here you go.