Chapter Three

Cyli Bryant

I walked down the hall and my mood wasn't as bad as when I got off the bus but it wasn't better either. If that even makes sense. I went to my locker and turned the dial.

"I'm really sorry." I hear his voice again. I don't even need to turn around to know who it is.

"I don't care." I mumbled. I opened my locker and threw my books in there.

"Please except my apology." He said sternly.

"Nope." I closed my locker and began to walk down the empty halls. I heard Lucas's footsteps behind me. He didn't say anything just followed me down the empty halls. I was about to turn the last corner when he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. He brought me close to his chest and he made me look up at him. Our breaths mixed.

"Why?" He said. And for a moment. Just a brief moment I heard him in there. The one who held me close when I was scared. The voice that showed sympathy. He seemed scared that I would say something mean or dreadful. I saw him. The him that never pushed me or called me a bitch. But that was for only a brief moment. When I didn't respond he turned me against the locker and pushed my back against it. He had my wrists both pinned above me head. He didn't say anything. He breathed in my face, and stared into my eyes. My eyes began to water. His grip tightened in my wrist, and his eyes got darker. He stared into my soul.

"Please stop." I whispered weakly. I squirmed just slightly trying to move away from the locker.

"Tell me why." It was him talking again. Or maybe me craving the old Lucas.

"Stop!" I cried quietly.

"Cyli?" Someone called from around the corner. Someone round the corner and saw Lucas and me. "What the hell Lucas!" It was Piper.

Lucas let go of me and walked close to Piper. He got so close Piper almost took a step backwards. But she was strong. She wouldn't step down. "Say anything, I swear to god you will wish you were never born." Lucas heavily breather into her face.

"Your breath stinks." She said walking past him and over to me.

"Don't think I won't do anything." Lucas growled walking to his class.

"You okay? What happened?" Piper picked up my wrists and saw faint thick red marks from Lucas's grip. "What's his issue?"

"I don't know." I slid my back down the lockers until I was sitting in the ground. "He has been like this since yesterday." I wiped away a tear that was sliding down my face.

"You need to tell someone." She said still gawking at my wrists.

"No!" I instantly said. "He will get in trouble!"

"He deserves to!" She said back.

"But it was my fault. I'll handle it. Okay?" I wiped away another tear.

"If you don't I will." She said. She sat down in front of me crossing her legs. She looked me in the eyes.

I blinked and didn't open my eyes. Closed them tightly trying to get the rest of the tears out before I left to class. She leaned over and hugged me. I put my head in her shoulder and cried. I cried as hard as I could. We just sat there silently totally skipping first period. The halls stayed empty except for the janitor who just stared as he walked by. The bell rang and I stood up wiping my eyes and sniffling.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I stood up and went into the restroom. I walked in and stood in front of the mirror. I ran the warm water and splashed it on my face a few times. I took a paper towel and dried my face. I took out my mascara and lip gloss and reapplied it. I smiled into the mirror and went back into the hall where Piper and Jellybean stood. They just talked until I walked up to them.

"Hey, your eye looks a little red. You okay?" Jellybean asked.

"I'm fine." I smiled. Piper looked at me puzzled. She didn't say anything she just kinda looked at me as if she was debating whether what she just saw was real or not.

"Good news, because I handed in my report this morning he gave me a 95%. He read it and stopped me in the halls to tell me." He smiled.

"Wow that's amazing!" I smiled and hugged him.

"Well we should get to math before the bell rings." He said to me and Piper.

"Okay, let's go." I walked in between them. Piper who still hadn't said a word since I went into the bathroom just walk silently staring at her feet while bitting the inside of her cheek.

We went into the class that was one of the only classes I didn't have with Lucas. I took my phone out real quick and texted my mom that it was a half day and asked if she could pick me up. Of course I lied but next was lunch then a class that I have with Lucas and I sit right next to him.

She responded okay.

"Okay class, I have a ton of things to grade so we will just be doing practice work. Please do the problems on the board. Show all your steps." The math tearcher sat down in her seat. I pulled out a blank piece of paper and a pencil.

Find the value of x:
x•(-7)/13+98•16+(-26)=1,638

Shit at least this wasn't a test.

I ran my hand through my hair and signed.

"What?" A.J whispered.

"I'm not really in the mood to do this." I whispered back.

"It's only practice so she won't ask for it back. Just do that dorky thing you do." He laughed a little.

"You mean sketch?" I smiled.

He nodded and got back to his work. I pulled out my sketch book and flipped to a brand new page. Looking around the room for inspiration. Just out the window I saw the sun peeking over the top of the trees. A bird flew across right in front of the window. Portables on the ground looked tiny when your in the third floor of building two. I began to sketch the structure of the portables then the trees. I didn't get very far before the bell rang for lunch and my phone buzzed. I checked it. It was from my mom saying she was here. I grabbed my stuff and slipped out the back dope of building two once I got to the bottom of the steps. I ran behind portables before I came to the front of the school where my mom was parked.

"Hurry I have to get back to work." She yelled from the window. I quickly ran to the car and got in. She quickly pulled out. "Where is everyone else?" She asked.

"You were late." I said simply.

"Sorry honey." She frowned and took a turn down the road. "Okay, I'm gonna drop you off at the house then I am going back to work." She said.

She pulled into the driveway and I quickly got out. Bringing my bag with me. I Ran inside and flopped onto the couch. I kept the lights off and was face down in the couch. I sobbed into the couch. It was all my fault.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. This chapter is shorter but I thought you may have wanted an update. This is a message to the 18 people who have read this lol ~ Kyli