Departures

Tonjay's POV

It was time for us to hit the road..or sky and we were packing certain things we decided to take along with us such as the clothes I bought, since where we were going it would be hot.

We all ripped our thick clothing to suit the warm weather we would approach, We were outside saying goodbye to our uncle.

"Thank you Uncle." thanked me and my sister after hugging our uncle, Jae and.. Ashley had already gave their farewells and were waiting on Mushu for us.

"No thank you, if it wasn't for you guys we would never have known about the portal incident." he smiled then it quickly transformed into a serious and worried face he pulled us inside closing the door then pushing us into the closest room.

"You guy's mentioned...death of soldiers?" he whispered as we nodded.

"Happens all the time but my men investigated the sight, no bodies were for." he said listening incase anyone was listening to our conversation.

"That's impossible, they were more that 30." said Tendra as Meechy leaped from her hair to her shoulder.

"Well I'll look into the matter privately... people are already freaked out that they were there to begin with.. since I won't be able to phone you we'll have to communicate the original way, I'll maybe send a messanger hawk to your location if not...here." he whispered handing me a piece of paper.

"Find a telephone and contact me if anything." he said pushing us to the door.

"Oh and one more small,teeny, tiny, little problem." he said as I looked at Tendra back to him.

I found myself walking outside towards Mushu."I hope it's not a bother that I come with, the cheif sugges." said Pierce tagging behind me as I stopped him.

"It's ok..and besides your practically part of the team." I assured patting him on the back, his eyes shone in excitement,he nodded and ran towards Mushu.

"Jay, help me with this." said a voice from behind me. Turning around to see Ashley with a trunk, hesitant because of our relationship problems I eventually ran to her taking one side of the trunk.

"What's in this thing?" I questioned making conversation I glanced at her as she rolled her eyes and a smile appeared on her face, what was that?

"Some food and supplies for the us, I gathered them over night." she informed while we pushed the trunk up for Pierce and Jae to collect.

"Let's get a move on, oh I forgot Meechy's feedings." Said Tendra running back inside after she disappeared I glanced over to my ex.

I know Jae said I should give Ashley time but I need to apologize before it's too late and I don't want her to think I don't regret what I said.

"I have to go get Mushu some berries from the kitchen don't leave me." laughed Ashley running inside.

I looked at Jae who was staring at me. "Don't go after." he began but I was off towards the kitchen.

I entered when she was filling a sack with berries from the pantry.

"Umm...Ash?" I spoke up from the door, she turned around surprised by my presence.

"Are you guys ready, I'm almost done." she informed stuffing more into the sack.

"No I wanna talk to you." I said leaning against the door frame as my mind exploded with mixed thoughts.

"Yeah?" she asked releasing her hair from a ponytail as it covered her shoulders and she pushed some from her face.

"Umm.. I know we're ok but I wanna." I began as she laughed.