Peggy x Lafayette

Promot; "I know you're busy, but I need to talk to you.."
Song; Helpless
Special Request; None
Ship or x reader; ship
AU; modern AU
Requester; None
Word count without A/N, etc: 937
Unedited.

~Third person POV~

Ohh, I do I do I do I dooo! Hey! Ohh, I do I do I do I dooo! Boy you got me Helpless!

 Peggy had fallen for the Frenchman when they first met. Just the way he spoke, the way he acted, the way he had made her feel special. Usually her sisters got the intention versus her, but with the Frenchman it was like her sisters didn't exist. When they spoke it was like it was only them, no one else existed, no one else mattered.

Look into your eyes, and the sky’s the limit I’m helpless!

 Lafayette was talking with the Hamilsquad at the moment. The Hamilsquad consisted of John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Alexander Hamilton, and of course Marquis de Lafayette.

Down for the count, and I’m drownin’ in ‘em

 Peggy hasn't noticed that one of the Hamilsquad member’s eyes had been staring at her for quite some time now.

I have never been the type to try and grab the spotlight

 “Just go talk to her” John had brought Lafayette back to reality. “John, Mon Ami, it isn't that easy..” the Frenchman replied, his eyes finally leaving Peggy to look at John. Hercules had already gotten somewhat drunk. Mulligan had stood up from the chair he was sitting in and grabbed Lafayette's arm. “I will drag you over there if you don't go yourself".

We were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night

 Oh, I forgot to mention, they were at the Schuyler’s party. The Schuyler’s held a party on the same day every year. Their father was an American Major General, so he wasn't home to tell them no.

Laughin’ at my sister as she’s dazzling the room

Lafayette sighed, getting his arm back from Hercules. “I’ll go on my own..” he said, walking towards the youngest Schuyler. Lafayette had decided on the lesser of two evils. If Hercules had dragged him over the American would have embarrassed the Frenchman like it was his destiny. It would have gone the same if Hercules was drunk or not, but him being somewhat drunk would not have worked in the Frenchman favor.

Then you walked in and my heart went Boom!

Was he nervous? Of course he was. He has grown a quite big crush on the younger Schuyler. It didn't form as quick as the crush Peggy had formed for the Frenchman did, but it was just as strong. Whenever Lafayette saw Peggy talking to another man, even if it was Hercules or John, he got jealous.

Tryin’ to catch your eye from the side of the ballroom

 This was the same for Peggy, whenever Peggy saw Lafayette with another girl, she would become beyond jealous. She would feel sadness overcome her, along with anger. She didn't want this feeling, but it would come every time.

Everybody’s dancin’ and the band’s top volume

 Peggy was talking with her sisters at this moment, trying to get her mind off of Lafayette. All that her mind thought of anymore was the Frenchman. She was embarrassed to say some of the fantasies her mind had thought of. It wasn't that she wanted to think of him all the time, she couldn't help herself from doing it. She wasn't completely paying attention to the conversation going on between the sisters, her mind still on the frenchman.

Grind to the rhythm as we wine and dine

 Peggy felt someone shaking her. She shook her head to see the source of it, the middle sister Elizabeth, or as she preferred Eliza. “Look who's coming~” Eliza said, pointing towards the Frenchman who was walking towards them. Peggy looked away from her sister. “He’s probably coming to ask Angie to dance, or Alex wants you ‘Liza”

 Eliza had been dating Alexander for a little while now. Angelica had also fallen for her sister's boyfriend, Hamilton, but she didn't say. Eliza knew though, just by the way her sister acted.

Grab my sister, and whisper, “Yo, this one’s mine.”

 “Or he’s coming over to ask you to dance, everyone knows he likes you Pegs!”

 “No he doesn't Eliza..”

 “Actually Cheri, I do”

My sister made her way across the room to you.

 Peggy turned to look at the Frenchman, her face had a dark blush on it. Lafayette was slightly blushing as well. Eliza grabbed Angelica’s arm and pulled her away from the two. Eliza stopped by the couch, pulling her sister down beside her. She watched the scene unfold, giddy.

And I got nervous, thinking “What’s she gonna do?”

 Lafayette had gotten the confidence to look Peggy in the eyes. “My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give thee, the more I have, for both are infinity”. (I am sorry if that is wrong..)

She grabbed you by the arm, I’m thinkin’ “Im through”

 Peggy giggled at him “Did you just quote Romeo and Juliet?”. Peggy’s favorite book was Romeo and Juliet. She loved romances, but Romeo and Juliet had held a spot in her heart.

Then you look back at me and suddenly I’m Helpless!

 Lafayette smiled and nodded “Yes” he says, he soon lost confidence with no answer from Peggy.

Oh, look at those eyes

“Are you trying to ask me out?”

“Yes, attempting to”

“Yes, I will go out with you”

Oh! Yeah, I’m Helpless, I know, I’m so into you. I am so into you

Lafayette stared at Peggy in disbelief, but soon his disbelief was changed into a smile.

“Really?”

“Really”

Lafayette smiled “In that case, may I have this dance?”

Peggy smiles and nods “Of course" she says.

A/N: I'm sorry this is kind of all over the place..