Peeling the egg I'm holding, only to put it in front of him, a peace offering of some sort. My way of saying sorry. It's the first time I've ever willingly offered him any of my food... it has significance.

The impulse I just gave into shocks me. I feel ashamed. I want to snatch it away, but it's too late. I think he's too shocked to move. 

This was unexpected.

I can't take my eyes off the egg. It just sits there, waiting to be claimed...waiting.

Fin gets up from his chair, looking at me and his hand reaches for the egg.

"That wasn't meant for you." My words stop him just inches away from the prize. I stare him in the eyes for a second daring him to touch what isn't his.

"If he doesn't want it, I'll take it." His words make me cringe out, "you already have your own." 

"I don't want that." His lip pulls up in revulsion. The meaning is deeper than the egg on the table.

"I want his," he says, letting his immoral desire swirl around us.

Sweat starts to bead on my hands when I clasp them together. It's unnerving how truly identical they are.

The Northerner picks up the egg and breaks it in half. His portion is slightly bigger as he hands me the other half. He takes my offering, eating it, and I eat the one he offered me.

Tension rolls off the backs of the two alphas. The smell of testosterone permeates the air with a thickness that has my hormones responding instinctually, letting the males know I'm receptive.

The posturing they're giving each other is full of intentions. The epic battle they've just fought ignites again, sparking up with the still hot embers of that fire.

His resolve slowly breaks, and I'm once again able to see his thoughts, his desires. He knows I'm in his head, looking around again and he gives me a warning growl.

"Fin, you need to stop, I could never do that," Trying to say the words gently with patience.

"Fin." The Northerner's voice holds warning, not gentleness, his patience gone. "You know Victoria is on her way. This," he points to me, "has to stop. I won't tolerate any more of it."

That's why they look the way they look. Fighting over females is a good way to meet death in the most intimate way.

Fin backs away from us. "You have no idea what it's like for me." His tortured tone is full of honesty. "We'd be even, brother. Give her to me."

The Northerner pushes his chair back, muscles twitching, puffing himself up. The bruising on his face and the split lip makes him look lethal. I can't look away from him, my hormones flaring up with his aggression.

I've rekindled the war between brothers that was put out a long time ago.

The Northerner attacks first, landing a hard punch on Fin's jaw, making him stagger back.

Fin's recovery is instant, he lunges at his brother with death on his mind, his simmering rage releasing the torrent of unsaid emotions, and it's heartbreaking to watch, for both brothers.

Bodies crashing together, hurtling at each other with explosive force. The brothers are matched perfectly, each can defend against the other with liquid smoothness. Punch after punch rain down on both of them, neither one conceding.

I can hear ribs snapping like dried up twigs, groans of pain as they continue on with their assault. Furniture breaks, chairs crash on the floor and I just watch, stuck, frozen in absolute horror.