lemon

"Hello this is Jackie's-"

"Are you seriously a lemonade shop?"

"What?"

It's a slow day at Jackie's Lemonade Stand, which is ironically a shop at the corner of Thirst and Quench St. A lone boy sits on a fold-up chair, phone cord spinning on his finger lazily as he plays with it.

"I saw the flyer and wow, 76 flavors, huh?"

The boy sighs, they get this question asked a lot: how does one come up with 76 flavors of lemonade? "Yes, would you like a glass of lemonade?"

"Sure thing, got nothing better to do than sit in the A.C. anyways."

"Lucky you, what flavor do you want?"

"Lemonade."

"We have 76 flavors and you go for lemonade flavored lemonade?"

"Hey, wouldn't you? I'm sure not asking for... Birthday cake lemonade?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it."

"I'm not asking. So, can we do delivery or do I actually have to get off my lazy butt?"

"Eh, I got nothing to do anyways, everyone else today seemed to have the same idea as you."

"Okay great, see you in a bit."

The boy gives his thanks, gets the girl's address, then hung up, sighing at the ceiling fan above him spinning slowly.

"Why do I feel as if I've made a horrible mistake?"

When he arrives at her house, the girl opens the door before he gets the chance to knock.

"Heyo! So, you're not a faceless lemonade man anymore."

"Ahah yeah"

"So, your name?"

"Christoph."

"Ooh fancy."

"And yours?"

"That's for another time."

"Hey-!"

"Now how much?"

"$5."

"That's expensive."

"You ordered lemonade from a rich-people's shop, what did you expect?"

"True, true."

He takes the money, and turns to leave.

"By the way, it was only $3, but that's really the only way to get tips around here."

"Hey- wait until tomorrow, I'll get you then!"