Alluka's Block pt. 3

Inspiration sure hits hard like a train, huh? Hope you enjoy! The next chapter will definitely take longer but I will make sure to continue.

I woke to the roar of an engine coming to life, the ground above me vibrating. My eyes felt heavy but I forced them open. As soon as I did, the last 24 hours passed before my eyes, replaying like a broken record. The stranger back at the hotel. . . what had he done to us after we passed out?

From the feel of it, I was fine, nothing hurt. Nothing broken. But for some reason, I felt. . . cramped. I took a closer look at where I was. Obviously, I was on a moving vehicle. My arms outstretched and then shrinked back when I felt rough, unmoving bars. I touched them again, sliding my palm against them. I was trapped in a minature cage, problably used to box wild animals. Dangerous animals. I wasn't dangerous.

There were more cages piled together. Kurapika was to the far side of the truck, Leorio next to the Kurta member and Gon was at the back. I was in front of the trailor truck, next to the exit. If we were all here, everyone unconscious besides me, who was driving right now?

Not to mention the ropes binding my comrades, they were all tied up except for me. Why was that? I tried kicking my bars multiple times, pulling them furiously but they wouldn't budge. I needed the keys to this stupid lock! It had been an hour whole until the truck stopped moving. I'm guessing we were at a gas station.

It gave me time to think. To think of what happened. To think of a plan. No matter how much noise I created, none of my friends would open their eyes. I wasn't supposed to, either, but somehow, I managed. That thing that the delivery guy threw in the air must have been a gas bomb, sleeping gas. And effective, by the looks of it.

I heard the curtain separating us from the driver slip away and I instinctively closed my eyes, transfering into a likely sleeping position. Or not. The steps of the driver were heavy, walking towards me. My heart was beating out of my chest, sweat crawling down my forehead. I was alone in this one.

"I know you're awake, sweetheart." It sounded like a male's voice, his tone allusive. My eyes shot open abruptly, I glared at him. His eyes were the same as the guy from earlier, a large scar descending at his temple. I growled at him and then grinned.

"That's an unfortunate scar."

He smirked and crouched down next to me, low enough for our faces to comfortably stare each other down. "Explain to me how you're awake." He murmered. I wanted to back away into whatever little space I could between us, but I held my ground with my chin up. The truth was, I was scared. However, there was no way I would show him, I just happened to be really good at pretending.

"Why are you doing this?" I questioned, reeling my face closer so that it was literally against the bars. He sneered at me, his face a nasty mask of amusement. "It's because of me, isn't it? You were staring at me the entire time before you launched the sleeping gas. Leave my friends out if it, you coward."

He shook his head and began laughing hysterically, lika a mad man. When he had the decency to suppress his insane state, he took my wrist and pulled me to him, my shoulder aching in responce. I was against the bars, attempting to define his unmistakable strength of thirty men. The guy released me seconds later. "Your friends are special, aren't they?"

I crawled away from him in a rush, never leaving him out of my sight. I could tell he wanted to do more to me, more than harm. He wanted to break me. His plan to achieve that was by using my friends against me. "That's why I gassed them some more. More than you. It should keep them like this for days, maybe weeks."

Every word that came out of his mouth made me shutter. I glared at him with icy eyes because I had to show him I was not frightened. I was strong. I had to be. Until I couldn't be anymore. Or until he revealed his true colors and tore me to shreds.