Part 6

I raced back to my car and drove home. Tears flooded my eyes. This is what I got for wanting to be the center of attention. It wasn't my night, it was Harry and Casey's. I had been so selfish and this is what I received. I had earned it all by myself. I just couldn't go back there. I was wearing the same dress. Everybody would notice and they would think I was up to something. I barely knew Casey and she would hate me if she saw me. It was better if I stayed home.

I pulled up in the driveway. The first thing I did when I went inside was take off the dress. I didn't even want it near me. I put on a dressing gown, leaving the belt untied. I decided to call Gemma to give her an excuse for leaving. "Hey, where are you?" She asked as she picked up. "Home. I wasn't feeling very well and I just had to come home." "Well okay then. I'll tell everyone that you're not coming if they ask. Sorry." My doorbell rung. I walked downstairs. "Gemma, why did you come here?" "What do you mean?" "Come on, Gem. Stop ringing I'm on my way there." "Y/N-" "Just go back. I'm not going. You need to be there." I replied, opening the door. I gasped. "Harry." I whispered. "Shit! Twice in less than an hour! He told me he was going to the toilets!" Gemma yelled.

Gemma hung up and Harry and I stood there. "What are you doing here. You're supposed to be with your wife." "Future wife." He corrected. I rolled my eyes. "Just go." I insisted, about to close the door in his face. "No." He said, pushing it back. "What do you want from me? I'm not important." I replied dramatically, fighting against his arms trying to close the door. "Y/N, no." He came in and closed the door behind us. I huffed, going upstairs. He followed. I threw myself on my bed, staring at the ceiling. "I was right." Harry said, laying beside me. "About what." "Your body." "Hey! Watch it, Styles. I'm in my house and I can be in my underwear if I want to." He laughed in response. I felt his arm brush mine. "How did you know I wasn't at the restaurant?" "Is that even a question? We both used that excuse when we wanted to escape from somewhere and most of all when we would secretly meet each other." "You make it sound a lot more than it was. We would just snog. And I bet at least Gemma knew." "Snog and sometimes a little something more." He joked. "That was like once?" "More than once. You were my first time. I remember." "Yeah, you were my first, too. That's why we did it." "And we liked it so we did it a couple more times." He stroked my forearm. "And then you went to the X Factor. We were so young." "I know. You played such an important role in my life at that time. I needed you so much." "That hasn't changed. I still don't get why you're here." "That's why. I need you to be there. You-" "We had the same dress, Harry. Exactly the same. I wasn't gonna spoil the fucking party." I replied, covering my face with my hands.

"Calm down. It's okay. I'm sorry." He said, caressing my face. He took my hand, putting it in his. "It's not your fault." I said, concentrating on the white ceiling. "Try it on." "Excuse me?" I questioned. "I want to see how it looks on you." I shook my head. He held onto my hip to pull me into him so we were face to face. "Please?" He asked. "No." I replied. We were still holding hands and his other hand was still on my hip. "I want to see it on you. Come on, you owe it to me." He persisted, his hand travelling down my thigh. "Maybe. But I owe you nothing." I whispered, smiling. We laughed. "Why is it that when we're on your bed you're always wearing little clothes and I have the urge to kiss you?" He said, looking into my eyes. "I wanted to talk about that. Thanks for bringing it up." "Okay. I'm all ears." "No kissing me or anybody besides Casey. Get your facts straight, Harry.You're getting married. This is more than going out with someone. You're basically gonna create a family with her and be together until you die." "You think I don't know?" "Doesn't look like it." "I'm sorry. I'm just feeling attracted to you lately. I know I shouldn't, but I can't hold back my feelings." "I can." "Because you're incredible." "Stop. Harry, I'm being really serious ri-"

His phone interrupted our discussion. "Hey. Yeah. I'll be right over. I had to check up on her. Yeah, I will. Okay. See you." I stayed silent while he spoke. Not understanding what had happened. He said he felt attracted to me. He wanted to kiss me! I felt the butterflies just thinking about it. "Casey called. I better go have dinner. Talk to you soon. Get better, yeah?" "We both know I'm fine, Harry. You better go. The last thing you need is having problems with Casey. I'll accompany you to the door." I declared, getting up. We got to the front door in silence. "Listen, Y/N I-" "Haz, we can talk about this tomorrow. It's too recent to talk about it now. Have fun with your family and Casey's." "And yours." "And mine. Tell them I'm sorry I couldn't make it." He nodded, kissed my cheek and left. This was what I wanted but it felt worse than how I was before. The situation was too awkward now and if it went on, I wasn't sure if I would be able to cope with all of it. Besides, he didn't even notice I had actually confessed my feelings towards him. I went to bed hoping that at least some sleep would make things better. Or at least give me more perspective on the events that had taken place in my house. Falling asleep was tough, it was mainly taking a side: against or in favor of Harry's actions. I didn't know which one was correct, so I decided I would have to ask my family the next morning.