Part 14

I kept searching activities for us to do in London. My phone rang in the middle of scrolling. Unknown number.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Y/N. It's me, Brad."
"Oh, hey! What's up?"
"Not much, really. Just thinking about you." He replied cheekily.
I felt my cheeks flaming hot.
"Thanks." I gushed.
"I was also thinking that if you're free right now we could go out for dinner."
"Well um, I'm a bit busy and I'm not ready either-"
"Excuses. Come on, Y/N. It'll only be dinner. Nothing else."
"Okay."
"I'll pick you up in an hour, yeah?"
"Sure. See you then."
"Bye, love."
Was I going on a date with Brad? I didn't have time to lose. I showered quickly and stood before my closet. I had no idea what to wear. Where was Elliott when I needed him? Poor Elliott, he deserved some time to have fun with his mates. I shook off the thought and fixed my eyes on the clothes. Jeans? Too casual. Dress? I didn't want to be overdressed either. Then the only option left was a skirt. I decided myself on a pink long one matched with a black top. Chunky heels to finish and I was done. I fixed my hair and did my makeup and soon I heard a honk. I checked if it was him by looking out the window and rushed downstairs.

The date with Brad went well. We got to know each other more and I was happy.
"So how did you and Harry get so close?" He asked as we were finishing our plates.
"Our mothers have been friends for quite a long time and being neighbors and the same age, it was just inevitable." I said, smiling at the thought.
"You must be very close. He chose you as his best man."
"I know, I was pretty surprised myself. We haven't been as close as we were in the past years and this just made me realize that time doesn't pass by in friendships. It's like we've picked up right where we left off. And that isn't a bad thing. I just don't want to lose contact with him again. It's been tough without him. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember." I explained.
He stared into my eyes, admiring me, listening. Making me feel special.
"Would you like dessert?" The waiter asked, picking up our plates.
"Okay." He told him.
"But I'm not sure if there's something as sweet as you on that menu." He whispered to me.
I giggled. I eyed the menu.
"Hm, I'm not sure what I want. Have you decided?" Brad questioned, looking up at me.
I shook my head.
"I think I'm gonna go for the cheesecake." I declared.
"I'm more of a chocolate person. I think I'll take the brownie." Brad replied.
The waiter came by and soon brought the dessert plates. We chatted some more and after fighting over paying the bill, left.
"I'll take you home."
"No, you've already done enough. My house is a few blocks from here and your hotel is the other way anyway. Don't waste gas on me, you never know when you'll need it."
"No, Y/N. I insist."
"I decline your insistence. I need some fresh air. And there's no way you'll get me into your car."
"Wanna see?"
"No, Brad. Please. Thank you so much. I had a lot of fun." I hugged him and pecked his cheek.
I waved as he sped off. I strolled back home happily to find him on my doorstep.

"Elliott?"
"Hey."
"What's up? Did you forget your keys?"
"Yeah, something like that."
I dug in my bag and handed him the keys.
"Is anything wrong? You know you can tell me and I'll help you out." I persuaded.
He stayed silent.
"Is it about your friends?"
"No, Y/N. I feel bad for you. You've found the person that you love, but you can't be with them. I want a person who can love you back. And you can get married and- Hey Harry." Elliott said suddenly.
He went inside as soon as Harry started walking over.
"Good night." Elliott whispered before closing the door.
I ran a hand through my hair, sighing.
"Is your brother alright?"
"He'll be fine."
"Nice night, isn't it?"
"You could say so." I smiled.
"How was your date with Brad?"
"How did you know about that?"
"I was with his sister all afternoon?"
"How did that go?" I asked, sitting down on a step of the porch.
"I asked you first." He stated, sitting beside me.
"Fine. I have some leftover cheesecake. Do you want some?"
"Don't get me started on that, baby cakes."
"What happened?"
"Casey's dad is making her have second thoughts on marrying me."
"Because you're not a virgin?" I questioned.
He nodded.
"I'm sorry, Haz. She has to realize she's marrying a wonderful man."
"And that's not all. She's been trying to get who I slept with out of me. And today we went to try the food to choose the menu. When we reached dessert, you popped in my head. Memories of you coming to visit me at the bakery just flooded in."
"I had so much fun. I used to go after class."
He wouldn't remember the first cake we made but I definitely did. It was red velvet. It had been my favorite flavor since.
"You definitely need some cheesecake. Come inside." I said, getting up and letting out my hand for him to hold.