Part 39

We decided to go back home in my car, so I was driving.
"This is exciting. We're coming home and we're giving them good news." Harry said cheerily.
"Good news?"
"That we're together."
"FINALLY." I exaggerated.
We both laughed. I smiled as my favorite song played in the background. I always made CDs for road trips and going from London to Chesire was a pretty long one.
I flinched as Harry poked my side. I scolded him for doing it, but the only thing I got was a smirk and another poke. I rolled my eyes at him.
"What?" He chuckled at my expression.
"You do that to me, we could get killed."
"How?"
"Because you make me jump!"
And then laughter all over again.
"We could've gone by plane, you know."
"No, I like driving."
"So do I. That's why I feel useless now."
"You would feel the same way on a plane."
"But that would be different because you wouldn't be focused on the road. And we could do nothing together."
"True. What would we do for example?"
"Oh, I can think of a lot of things." He suggested.
I shook my head at his dirtiness.
"I never said what you're thinking." He chuckled.
"You know, I love this. We're laughing all the time, we're happy. It's just perfect." I blurted out.
"Me too. This is the type of relationship I wanted." He replied, caressing my thigh.
"Yay we're almost home!" I exclaimed as I read a sign.
I pulled up in my driveway, stopping the car. Harry was helping me take out our suitcases when his phone rang.
"This is work, I gotta take it. Meet you later?"
"Definitely." I smiled as we closed the boot. We walked together holding hands until our paths separated.
We didn't speak since Harry was on the phone, but before I left I kissed him.
"Harry, you there?" I heard the other person on the line say.
"Uh, yeah." I heard Harry reply as I walked away.
I giggled and waved him goodbye.

I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open. I noticed Elliott had already arrived, his car parked in the driveway too.
"Y/N, hi! Why didn't you open? Did you lose your set of keys?" My mother asked as she opened the door.
"Hi Mum. I didn't lose them, I just didn't want to look for them, I think I would've taken longer." I explained as I hugged her.
"Oh, okay. I'm glad you came earlier this time."
"Yeah, although we will have to go to London for Louis' birthday on the 23rd. His birthday is the day after but we're celebrating it at night."
"So you're leaving in a few days then."
"We're also celebrating New Year's with them."
"In London?"
I nodded.
"Y/N!!" I heard him yell.
"Elliot!" I hugged him as soon as he appeared.
We caught up a bit before he confessed he had something for me.
"It's not even Christmas yet."
"It's not a something actually. More of a someone. I've been thinking about your heart being broken by my, I hope, future brother in law. And you need to meet new people. So, I brought a friend of mine for two days. You meet each other, go on a little date or something, see how it works out."
"Elliott, what have you done! You should've asked me because now I'm-"
"Y/N, it's okay. You would've said no if I'd asked you. Just try it. You never know."
"You don't get it. I'm-"
A person coming downstairs interrupted us. 

A tall blonde guy stood before us.
"Y/N, this is John. John, this is my sister Y/N." Elliott introduced.
"Hi." I greeted, shaking his hand.
"So for dinner, which is in a while, we're going over to Gem's." Elliott told us both.
"Oh, alright." John replied.
"Elliott, can I speak to you for a moment?" I asked.
He followed me to the living room.
"You do know Harry's here, right?"
"Yeah, and he's married so why should we care? Honestly, I'm quite angry at him for breaking your-"
"Elliott! Please come help me!" We heard our mum call from the kitchen.
He rushed away to help her. But his last few words got me thinking. He didn't know anything about the divorce? It was strange because him being with Gemma, he must've found out by now. Half a year had gone by and nobody knew? I had to talk to Harry.
I went towards the stairs to take my suitcase to my room. John was still standing there.
"Hi." I said as I walked past him, getting my suitcase and lifting it up each step.
"Do you need help?"
"No, don't worry. You can just keep on doing what you were doing." I smiled.
I did struggle a bit, but he was the guest so I wasn't gonna make him do the strenuous job. I took a shower and got ready quickly. I had to talk to Harry urgently. I raced down the stairs and called out, "Gonna go visit Anne!"