"I have something for you",he said, coming to stand before her and presenting her with the velvet box.

Amara's cheeks warmed as she lowered her head, she had not been expecting a gift.

"Open it", he commanded in a tone of  voice which he reserved just for her. His eyes fixed unwaveringly on her face. Intense and unbreakable.

With slightly trembling fingers Amara opened the velvet box, gasping softly when she saw what it contained.

"The traditional Valentini bracelet", Valerio explained, seeing the shocked look on her face.

"I..it's beautiful", Amara replied back, stunned.

Valerio smiled softly at her as he took the velvet box in his hands, opening the lid completely and unravelling the golden bracelet.

The bracelet was thin, elegant and delicate, something that matched her completely in Valerio's opinion.  Making it more precious was a single gemstone - A black opal, inscribed with a bold V in the center, a single letter shining in gold, the emblem of the Valentini Empire. Imposing, powerful and regal in every sense.

"I could've added something else on it but I didn't think there needed to be a phrase. It says enough", he stated, running his fingers over the gemstone.

"It does", she whispered, still shocked that Valerio was gifting her a family heirloom.

"Here, let me put it on you", he said, taking the bracelet out from the box.

Amara shyly held out her hand for him to clip it on.

Valerio couldn't help but be mesmerized by the site of his family crest being worn by his girl. He was struck with a deep sense of satisfaction when he saw her admiring the bracelet.

"Beautiful", he murmured taking her hand in his and pressing a small kiss on her wrist. And just as he had hoped, a lovely rosy hue spread across her face.

Chuckling, Valerio caressed his knuckles lightly to the red in her cheeks. It was fun to see her so flustered. He liked knowing he could make her like this.

Amara stared at Valerio thoughtfully, feeling the need to show her gratitude for everything that he had done for her, but not being able to figure out the right way. She wasn't completely ready to bring her own feelings in the open yet but she desperately hoped that her actions could get the message across to him.

She had never done this before with someone who wasn't family, gnawing on her lip, she stepped forward hesitantly, going on her tip toes and slid her arms around Valerio, pressing her cheek against his chest. 

Wrapped around him as she was, she actually felt his sharp intake of breath, but Valerio wasted no time and wrapped his arms around her fully and embraced her. His arms wrapping around her smaller frame and holding her close to his own body.

Held in his arms, Amara felt as if she was the single most delicate thing in the world. He held her as though she were made of spun glass, but at the same time his hold on her was firm and protective, like he could never hold her close enough.

"Thank you..... for everything", she mumbled in his chest.

And all she felt were his arms wrapping more tightly around her and his chin pressed against the side of her head and her own heart pounding out of her chest.

When she finally pulled away from him, her face was flaming red and she avoided looking at him but her attempts were thwarted when she felt Valerio's hand cup her face, making her look at him. He didn't say anything about her impromptu actions as he leaned forward quickly and brushed his lips to her forehead.