Chapter Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"School'll start in a week." Yoongi said slowly, noticing my uneasiness. "Music room. Every dismissal. You play the piano. Got it?" he said, as he handed me some seasonings. I frowned.

"Got it." I grinned, before sighing. "And.. I need to go."

Seokjin scoffed, chopping the vegetables. "Go to where? You haven't even done anything."

"Home." I smiled. "I have to take care of Nami."

"Your niece?" Seokjin asked. I nodded.

"Go home safe then." Yoongi made his way over and placed a hand on my shoulder, flashing me a small smile.

"Please do!" Seokjin tackled me into a bear hug. "Or else we'll add an overwhelming amount of salt into Taehyung's japchae."

I laughed softly and patted his back, before pulling away. I didn't want to go yet. It's only been a while. I still wanted to spend time with them. But I had no choice.

I had to go to work.

I was glad I managed to slip through my lies. Seems like my smile really looked real, didn't it? I felt so guilty, I felt like if they knew, the trust we had around us..

But it was for my family. I'm sure they would understand..

Right?

I got myself a cab and it wasn't for another 30 minutes until I finally reached the ever so familiar restaurant. As I entered, I saw Jisoo waving at me excitedly.

"Oh my god, I don't see you for one week, no wonder why!" she made her way over and observed my hand. "Are you okay? Will you really be working at this state?"

I stared at my hand for a while, feeling a bit upset since I did whenever my gaze landed on it. I forced a smile and looked up at her, nodding.

"Yeah. Speaking of customer." I motioned over to two people that entered the restaurant. She eyed me for a small while, before handing me an apron.

"You should hand them the menu and take their order." she instructed. "Or.. are you left handed?"

I gave her a knowing look, and she nodded and made her way to the two. Once she was done, she opened a small window between the kitchen and the counter, shoving the paper inside. "Jackson, first order. Stop browsing your instagram and start cooking!"

"Yeah, yeah." a low voice replied from the other side.

I smiled softly. "Don't worry, let me give them their order. Also.. is the town hall open for today?"

"It's open everyday." Jisoo responded, crossing her legs and smiling genuinely. "What's with the question?"

"I'm going to head there right after my shift." I admitted. She wouldn't be too worried, right?

"No way." her mouth went agape. "Suyung, are you sure you'll be okay? The people in the town hall don't have very easy jobs. They separate the bills and taxes and all that, they answer calls, they-"

"I'll be fine." I reassured. "I'm gonna be one of those with the money."

"They tend to be very strict on that one." she pursed her lips. "You have to straighten the money, categorise coins, and you're a student.. that's hard work."

I smiled, but didn't reply. I mean.. I had no choice. My hardwork had to benefit something.. right? I was questioning myself so much, I felt close-minded.

"Yo." Jackson walked out of the kitchen and placed the order on the counter. I nodded and stood up, holding it with both of my hands.

My hand trembled, but I was lucky enough. I placed their order on their table and flashed them a smile. As I walked back to the counter, my left hand ache, and it became more numb. I couldn't move my fingers.

My shift ended sooner than I thought. By the end of the day, my hand hurt so much, I would often find myself unconsciously massaging it. My eyes would start fluttering, but I shook my head to try and chase it away.

I entered the building. As expected, the people were busy. I made my way to the same guy that I talked to back then. I got the call a few days ago, so I didn't have a problem.

"Hello." he looked up at me. "Number girl, right? Over there." he pointed to a certain table, where on top of it, were loads of cash, bills, and coins. "All you have to do is categorise the bills by shops and stores and coins and cash by same amount."

I nodded and thanked him, before making my way to the said desk. I started slowly, since I didn't want to make any mistakes, but soon, I felt like cramming.

People were already leaving, but I assumed that the town hall was 24 hours. So I had no problem on how late I was going to go home.

11:34PM

"Hey, you still staying?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turn my head, to see a woman who seemed to be going home. "Or do you want to come with me?"

I shook my head and softly took down her offer. I started dividing everything, until I was done halfway. My hands were so tired, and my dominant hand ached. I wanted to rest so much.

And slowly, I felt my eyes flutter.

"Auntie?"

My eyes flickered open, and as expected, Nami was there. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Nami.. what are you doing here?" I place both hands on her cheek. God.. first day of work, and I was already this tired.

"More like.. what are you doing here?" Yoongi's voice boomed from behind me. I turned around, and sure enough, he was walking over, his hands pocketed and an unamused look on his face. "I thought you were 'going home to take care of your niece.'"

"Yoongi, it's-"

"It hasn't even been a week and you're already overworking yourself." he gritted his teeth. "Have you been taking care of your health? What about your hand? Your loss? Your heart?"

I stood up and gently grabbed Nami's hand. "I'll start working again tomorrow."

He frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair. "Suyung. When are you going to stop being so selfless and think of yourself?"

"When things are okay again." I said slowly. "I want things to be.. okay."

"Stop going to work." he stated, walking in front of me. Soon, we were out of the building. "This upsets me. This isn't good for you."

"I want to." I admitted. I felt Nami's innocent gazes, and I felt my heart slowly break. "But Yoongi.. I have to."

He stayed quiet for a while.

"Fine." he finalised, stopping in his tracks. "Suyung, if this is what you want.. I'll let you."

I smiled and looked over my shoulder,

"Thank you."

---

There will surely be times you get annoyed with the main character, but then, the weight's on her shoulders. GIVE HER A BREAK. XD

Yoongi is upset.

I'm going to change the POV in the next few chapters so things could start getting more interesting! Who's POV do you think it'll be? And who's POV are you looking forward to the most?

More things'll come.

Prepare yourself~