Chapter Fifty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, he likes japchae?" Seokjin said, opening a certain cabinet and pulling out a pan. "Lucky for you, my parents aren't here, and we have all the ingredients we need for that!"

"What can I do?" I asked excitedly. Honestly, with an injured hand and no skill in cooking whatsoever, I don't think I could do much.

Seokjin tapped his chin right after he instructed Yoongi to get some ingredients. "Hmm.. you can stand over there and watch us!"

My mouth went agape. "Wow!"

"Just kidding." he laughed, as Yoongi handed him the soy sauce. "Uh.. you can get some warm water in the fridge."

I scanned the kitchen, my brows furrowed. "And where exactly is the fridge?"

Yoongi scoffed, "It's upstairs."

"Why is it upstairs?" I asked, as he motioned where the stairs were.

"Because I tend to crave for food in the middle of the night." he said, loud enough for me to hear upstairs. As expected, there was a fridge right across the stairs.

I pulled it open, finding myself face to face with dozens of pitchers. I grabbed two, one warm, for the cooking, and one cold, for drinking. I made my way downstairs and handed them the warm water.

Yoongi held out a glass, and I gladly poured the water inside his.

He coughed, "What the fuck?"

Seokjin stopped his singing, "Cursing!"

"I can't fucking help it." Yoongi said. "This isn't water! This is fucking wine."

Seokjin's mouth went agape. "Aish, seriously?" he made his way over and gently grabbed the pitcher from me. "Mom.. Dad.." he muttered under his breath.

I laughed, "That's okay. I mean.. Yoongi isn't drunk.. right?"

Yoongi wiped his lips with the back of his hand, then turned to me. "Of course I'm not - Have you changed your bandage?"

"Yes." I didn't need the bandaid on my cheek anymore, so my scar was visible on my cheek. It didn't hurt as much, unlike before. I then suddenly felt myself frown at the random thought of Taehyung.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seokjin frowned.

"It's only been a day.." I started. "And I don't know if I'm overreacting, but Taehyung hasn't texted me since yesterday. No goodnight, no goodmorning. In fact.. he didn't reply to any of my messages."

"What the fuck?" it was Seokjin's turn to curse, and he ended up covering his mouth in realisation. "I mean.. that's just not 'Taehyung'. He texts me goodmornings and goodnights too, and now that I think about it, it sounds like a problem."

"Has anything happened that we need to know of?" Yoongi asked, sitting on one of the chairs and crossing his legs. "He wouldn't be like this out of a sudden."

I explained them about last night. From the phone call, to him leaving out of a sudden and avoiding my question.

"I don't think he's seeing someone else." I admitted, though I couldn't be sure. "That's what I believe."

"We can be direct and ask him." Seokjin suggested. "Don't you like things direct, Yoongi?"

"But then he'll feel attacked," Yoongi butted in. "Maybe we should give him time. Knowing him, sooner or later, he would probably open up soon."

I started reassuring myself that he loved me.

And it was only me..

Right?