Chapter 16 - The New Years Eve Ball

Começar do início

She walked gracefully and slowly towards them, looking absolutely incredible. Draco stared at her in awe, and she looked back at him, straight into his ocean-grey eyes, and smiled. She was wearing a dark blue gown, that reached the floor and had sleeves cut across the shoulder, exposing her soft, ivory shoulders. Her dark blonde hair was styled into soft, loose curls that fell down her back. Her lips were tinted peachy pink and her other makeup was done flawlessly. As she stepped closer, Draco noticed the silver ring with the engravements that he had given her, gleaming on her finger.

"Hi," Alexia said.

"Oh Alexia! Good evening, dear, you look stunning!" Narcissa said, moving forwards and kissing the air beside Alexia's cheek so she didn't leave a lipstick mark.

"She's growing up, Laurel." Lucius commented, looking from Alexia to Laurel.

Laurel sighed, "She is, isn't she? She's becoming even more beautiful."

"Thank you." Alexia smiled sheepishly.

"Oh yes, Narcissa, Lucius, what would you like to drink? Draco would you like anything?" Laurel asked.

"I'm fine for now, thank you Laurel." Draco replied leaving the adults to their drinks so he could talk to Alexia.

"You look amazing, Al," He said to her. He took her hand which she wore his ring on and held it in his.

"Thank you, Draco, and thank you for the ring. It's lovely."

"My pleasure," Draco replied, brushing his lips against the top of her hand gently.

She shook her head and laughed

"What?" Draco said.

"You're still trying to charm me even today," she said.

"Of course I am, I still think you and I would be great." He replied with narcissism.

"Well, Draco, I hate to break it to you, but I disagree."

"I know." he said.

Alexia rolled her eyes, "By the way, guess who's coming tonight."

"Who?"

"The Parkinsons." Alexia said through gritted teeth.

Draco stared blankly back at her.

"Turns out Mother actually likes the Parkinsons. She asked me why I wanted to uninvite them and all I could say was that Pansy and I decided our friendship needed a break and that it was a decision both of us made, so she thinks everything between us is fine and now I don't know how I'm supposed to act around her tonight." Alexia informed him.

Draco scratched his head, "Oh Merlin, this is tough."

"What are you two talking about over here?" Narcissa interrupted, joining the two with Lucius at her side. Laurel had excused herself to go greet guests who were either using the Floo Network or using a Portkey or Apparation to the edge of the Estate, where they would walk up the snowy driveway that had been lit up with tiny enchanted candles.

"We're just discussing school." Alexia lied.

"Ah, I have been meaning to tell you two," Lucius began, "I ran into Professor Umbridge at the Ministry just before Christmas and she told me how much help you two have been. She's planning on organising a group of students when school returns who will help her ensure order among the school, and by the sounds of it, you two will be in that group for sure."

"Sounds wonderful, Mr Malfoy," Alexia smiled, "I think we would be great members of her group."

Draco could see Alexia's eyes flicker with malevolent. Finally, she would be able to have authority and power. She would finally be part of a leadership group, that although wasn't the Prefect group, it was something. It would be even easier to get away with using her power for pleasure. Draco could tell that no matter what, this group of Umbridge's was going ahead.