Chapter 5 -Third Time Lucky

"Daphne, what happened?" Alexia asked, spotting Daphne sitting at a table fiddling with an ornamental skull.

"You took your time." Daphne said, putting down the skull.

"Sorry, I ran into Draco," Alexia retorted.

The corners of Daphne's mouth twitched, struggling to hide a smile.

"What?"

"No, nothing."

"Daphne, what is it?"

"I just think ... you and Draco could be good together, that's all." Daphne simply said.

"Ew, that's disturbing! No way!" Alexia exclaimed, "Anyway, I have no time for your thoughts. Tell me what happened with Pansy!"

Daphne sighed, "Well, she said she doesn't know what got into her. She mentioned something about being jealous of you, but I don't know if that's true. It sounded pretty pathetic, and she was blabbering on nervously."

"What? Jealous? As if anyone would be jealous of me!"

Daphne stared at her blankly.

"Okay, maybe they do get a little jealous," Alexia admitted, "But her?! I offer her practically all my old designer clothes, I ask to set her up with guys and I invite her to almost every party. What's to be jealous of?"

"Exactly." Daphne agreed, "So what do we do?"

It was Alexia's time to fiddle with the skull now. She tossed it from hand to hand, forming a plan in her head. She was pretty sure that they wouldn't get the truth out of Pansy no matter how hard they tried.

"What if we went along with it?" Daphne suggested. Alexia stopped tossing the skull and for a minute Daphne was scared Alexia would tell her off for suggesting such a stupid thing.
"Yes!" Alexia gasped, throwing the skull to Daphne, who luckily had good reflexes and caught it just before it hit her face.

"Yes?"

"Yeah, we'll trust that she's telling the truth and be good friends, because that's what we are after all. I haven't properly forgiven her for leaving me without saying a word last year but I will, and before I do, I'll make sure she tells me whatever is going on." Alexia decided.

"Sounds good." Daphne commented.

Alexia sighed, looking pleased to herself, "I've missed making master plans like these. Of course if I had gotten Prefect I would have an excuse to do this more often, but I guess sometimes you have to sacrifice some of the things you love for those you love. Blaise wanted me to change and I did," She said, "I have." She added a little difficultly.

"Yeah, well he does bring out the best in you," Daphne said trying to sound convincing, "But for what it's worth, I don't know if the kind and compassionate side of you is the real Alexia Burke. You're independent, confident, devious and cunning. You shouldn't be changing your ways just for Blaise, Al." Daphne honestly said, "I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I always see that side of you when you're with Draco."

Alexia knew that Daphne was right. This other girl wasn't the real her; she was supposed to be the girl who dominated the school and had all power, and with that power, she could get anyone to do what she wanted. But she hadn't been that girl since she had started dating Blaise and she thought it was for the best, but over the past few weeks she had been missing it. Maybe it was because she had been spending a lot of time with Draco. It was definitely no understatement in saying that he used his power in every way to get what he wanted. Ever since a young age she had always hated losing against him - whether it was a bet, or a game or being the one with less superiority. Maybe she was envious of him. Maybe she wasn't being true to her real self.