Epilogue: To Forever (Hailey)

Start from the beginning

"Because I have access to the laundry in the locker rooms which are free." He answered as I preheated the oven.

"Fair point." I finished up making the brownies, thank God for box mix, and poured the batter into a pan then saw Mason exit our room and go towards the living room area. "I don't think we have time to watch anything, Babe."

"I know but Johnny sent me a text saying your favorite movie is on." He turned the TV on and turned it to the correct channel.

"Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly?" I slid the pan in and noticed that I was still wearing the ring. "Shit."

"What? Are you okay?" I heard Mason panic and run over.

"Fine!" I slammed the oven door shut and stood up with my hands in my back pockets. "Just remembered the timer on the oven is busted. Can you set one on your phone?"

"Sure." He watched me as he pulled his phone, looking away only to set the timer. "Your favorite part is about to come on, by the way."

"Really?" I clapped my hands without thinking.

"Hailey." Mason's eyes widen as they landed on my left hand.

"What?" Always play dumb when you get caught red handed. Or ringed handed?

"Give me the ring back." He stepped towards me, but I was able to run past him.

"No! It's mine." I spun around to face him and brushed my hair back behind my ear when it fell across my face.

"No, it's mine." He started walking towards me. "I paid for it with my own money."

"Nope." I popped the P and continued to dance out of his reach. "Mine."

"Hailey Abigail Jacobs, give me the ring back." He held his hand out, palm up.

"Mason Adam Banks." I mocked him. "Mine."

"You sound like the seagulls from Finding Nemo." Mason rolled his hands and pulled me to him. "Give me the ring please."

"Marry me?" I smiled up at him as he pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"No."

"Why not?" I tilted my head back to look at him.

"Because you already decided when we're having kids." He pulled the ring off my finger.

"No, I didn't." I stepped away from him and plopped down onto the sofa. Mase was right, my favorite part was about to come on.

"You said no talk of kids until we've been married for two years." He sat next to me and pulled me into his side. "And I already have a plan for proposing, so watch your movie."

"Whatever." I curled up into him as Darcy walked across the field to Lizzie. It was quiet besides the movie for a few moments.

"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. And wish from this day forth never to be parted from you." Mason quoted Darcy as he spoke.

"Yeah?" I murmured but didn't look away from the movie.

"Hmm hm." I felt him nudged me. "Hails."

"What?" I looked away from the movie and at him.

He was holding the ring up. "Marry me?"

"That was your plan?" I laughed and held my hand out. "Of course I'll marry you."

"Yes, that was my plan." He slid the ring back on. "Johnny helped me with it and the ring. Did you know topaz is cheaper than diamonds?"

"No, but I know topaz is my birthstone." I kissed his cheek before sitting up all the way. "What do you mean Johnny helped you?"