Chapter 32: When You Wish Upon a. . . (Hannah)

"Justin." My voice came out a choked moan, "We've got to go. Sophia will be here any second to pick us up."

He pulled away, the lustful look in his eyes dissipating within seconds. "Tell me again why we have to spend an hour and a half in a car with her?"

"She's my best friend." I replied, pushing off my bed and throwing a t-shirt over my head, grabbing a jacket from my duffel bag on the floor a moment later. "And she's got the car that can hold the most people."

"Do you think she'll-"

"Tell me about her super secret relationship with Coach Fuller?" I cut my boyfriend off as I threw the strap of my duffel bag over my shoulder, "I doubt it."

"Hannah! Sophia's outside waiting!" Dad shouted from the kitchen. Justin huffed out a sigh behind me, mumbling something under his breath as he grabbed his other bag from the ground. I waited until he hit the lights and shut the door to head down the hallway. My stomach started churning when I found Hailey on the sofa, her arms wrapped around her legs, blonde hair still dripping a little from the shower she had taken a half hour ago.

"You have everything?" Dad questioned, approaching Justin and me before we were even able to step out of the hall.

"Yes, Daddy. I have everything." I muttered, letting out a sigh of my own. He had been hovering all morning, making sure I had packed everything I'd need, including my ADHD pills, which he had just gotten another prescription of.

"And you, Justin?" I couldn't help but stare at my Dad in awe. He was acting as if Hailey wasn't in the room at all, as if she were no more than another piece of furniture.

Justin waved something in his hand, but I wasn't too keen on trying to figure out what it was.

I cleared my throat, ready to approach my sister, but the loud blaring of a horn cut me off.

"You better get going before she damages our eardrums." Dad joked, slapping a hand on Justin's back before kissing my forehead and throwing the door open.

Hailey rose, avoiding my questioning eyes and rushed out the door to Sophia's Jeep before I could say anything.

*

"I will kick you and your little friends if you take one more selfie!" Sophia threatened from the driver's seat, catching Justin's guilty gaze in the rearview mirror.

"But Soph, you love taking selfies with us." Justin responded, his voice a little above a whisper. He actually looked as if he was taking Sophia's threat seriously. I laughed, resting my head against his chest.

"Not when I'm trying to find a parking spot and you two are giggling like school children on crack." I gasped, throwing my hand over my chest in mock hurt.

"Sophia! I thought you were an avid supporter of my relationship."

"Babe, I am." She responded with a small smile, "But you and pretty boy tend to show a little too much PDA for my liking."

I pushed myself up from the seat and kissed Justin, earning a honk of the horn out of Sophia.

"Nope! Not in my car!" She cried, "Ooh! A parking spot!"

The car stopped suddenly, throwing me into the back of Hailey's seat. Sophia started busting up as she shut the car off, glancing over her shoulder at us.

"Justice has been served! That'll teach you to kiss in my car." We all laughed as we got out, my laugh being the first to die out when I saw a familiar goofy smile appear.