Ten Reasons- Sherlock

An unknown fact, which absolutely nobody knew, was that Sherlock Holmes was in love. With you. And not even the man himself knew it. Sherlock may have been a great detective, but he wasn't great with emotions, especially not his own. He knew he cared about you, like he did John, Lestrade, Molly, and Mrs. Hudson; however, he never would have guessed that he'd fall in love. The damned endless void of emotion and impending danger. He would glance at you, he would watch out for you, he made sure you were taken care of. Yet, no one noticed. However, there was a certain best friend catching on.

Thus bringing us to this moment.

"What? You're not serious, are you?" Sherlock's deep voice questioned, his face twisting in disgust at the mention of feelings.

"Sherlock, face it. You love her," John responded seriously. He saw it was as good a time as any, with you out running errands, and him and Sherlock doing nothing. Sherlock being in a relatively good mood that day was a plus. Sherlock rolled his eyes, thinking what John was implying was ridiculous.

John huffed a sigh, "C'mon then. You're the world famous detective, deduce what you feel about her. You'll see it." Sherlock sighed, plopping down in his chair.

"I know you're no good with emotions, but I see it, Sherlock. Just by the way you look at her. You help her any way you can, and you listen to her! You don't listen to anybody!"

As John ranted, Sherlock realized the man was right. His heart rate increased when he so much as look at you, he felt warm whenever you hugged him or complimented him, and John was right, he did listen to you. He even went to sleep when you asked him to after he stayed up for four days for a case. His eyes widened in shock, his breathing stopped, and his body went rigged. John laughed at the man's reaction, knowing he had hit the realization that he did love you. John waited a few moments before Sherlock snapped out of it.

"Well?" he asked.

"...Well what?" John asks, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you think?" Sherlock asks impatiently. John sighs, understanding what happened.

"Sherlock, you didn't say anything," he says in a tired manner, like a mother would a young boy. Sherlock raises an eyebrow, sipping at his tea.

"I didn't?" he asks.

John rubs his forehead, "No... No you didn't." Sherlock nods, standing from his chair.

"Well, I was thinking I'll just find out why I "love" (Y/N). And also deduce how she feels about me," Sherlock explains to his best friend.

John smirks a bit at his friends silliness and shakes his head, "Why don't you just tell her, Sherlock?"

The said man turns to John, looking at him like he was crazy, "Why would I do that?"

"I don't know... Because you do?" John explains.

"Not for long," Sherlock mutters. John raises a brow at this.

"And why is that?" he interrogates.

"Because," Sherlock explains, about to reveal his master plan, "Though  I'm going to figure out why I like her, I'm also going to discover traits I don't like. Which should outweigh the ones I do." At this, the blonde rolls his eyes. Oh how naive the detective could be.

*~*~*

1. Her intelligence

Sherlock made two separate lists, which he choose to write out simply to make things easier. One for things he "loved" about you, and the other for things he found rather unflattering. If there was anything Sherlock hated more in a person, it was stupidity or ignorance, which were traits you, thankfully, lacked. You were actually quite smart, though not as smart as him. Not many people are, but you were smarter than most. You were helpful on cases and during research, often assisting him and John as much as possible. He enjoyed when you helped, which he realized was because he saw more of you.