Chapter 22

Blaekes POV

As soon as I had dropped the book off with Kryselis I swung by Kyrads for a moment to set the plan in stone. Soon after I had taken the secret passage that was meant for the escape to get onto the mainland. It was the only way I could take without getting caught. Soryn had set Daeth at any exit for the city. It was the only way in or out without getting caught. 

The passage was in the outer wall close to Kyrads house. It had blended in with the wall. Any person who had earth magic could easily open it. I was one of those people. I opened the passage after checking every way for anyone who might see. I took this time to get familiar with the route so we could easily leave. 

The way was pretty simple. It was a hidden staircase that led through the ground and opened out into the forest. From there I had met with Talon, Easheks offspring. We rode for most of the day and arrived in Lumaera at night fall. Every one stared at us with wide eyes as we appeared for a moment just to disappear. We had gotten to the mountain within seconds of entering Lumaera. 

I assume word spread quick that I was arriving. Krysmond was waiting at the entrance of the mountain when I had arrived. 

"I assume your here for good reason for traveling all the way from the abysm?" He asks walking closer to me.

"Yes, very good reason. I'm Blaeke, A friend of Kyrad. I come with information regarding Kryselis." I quickly catch his interest. "We, being Kyrad and I, are planning an escape to get her out of there." He crosses his arms over his chest and stares at me for a moment. 

"Follow me." He says as he disappears behind the waterfall. I follow him through a tunnel that opened up into a huge courtyard. From there I followed him into the throne room and through a door that was hidden behind his throne. We were in his study. 

"What's this information?" He asks as he sits down. 

"Well, as I said before, we are planning an escape for Kryselis. It will take place in two days time. In order for this to work we would need the help of the Lumaerins." I pause a moment to let him think this through. Surely the people would help the Kings daughter escape the hands of their only enemy. 

"What would you have the people do?" he asks me curiously. 

"Well, we would need them to cause a big distraction. Water weakens the Daeth, this is why they take more to fire. We would need it to rain, very hard. The earth movers would need to cause the ground to shake. There will need to be fire welders off to the side as protectors in case something were to go wrong." I explain. He gets up and starts to pace. 

"The people would be well hidden in the trees of course. At our signal they would retreat. We gave Kryselis a book that will teach her how to use her powers. She will use those powers as part of the escape." He stops and looks at me.

"What kind of book?" He takes his seat again, looking through his desk drawers. He was searching for something, but what was it?

"It was a book written by a blue magic holder. It explains how to do certain things." He continues to rummage for something. 

"What is the rest of the plan?" He pulls out a scroll with a picture of a book on it. "Did the book look like this?" He passes the scroll to me. It had a picture of a old book. On the cover was an engraving of the elements circling around a person in blue. 

"Yes, that's the book" I say returning the scroll to him. He sticks it back in the drawer with a satisfied look on his face. 

"Go on." he says waving his hand at me. He seemed like he was lost in thought. I wasn't sure he would hear me but I continued anyway.

"After she escapes her room she is to meet me behind Kyrads home. From there we will take the hidden passage into the forest. We are to meet with you and the others at the Field with the Portal of the Worlds. From there we will travel back to Lumaera on the Prim." I explain motioning with my hands. 

"This is to happen as the others are using their powers with water and earth to distract the Daeth.... Kyrad is going to distract his father Soryn, keeping his attention off of Kryselis." I set in silence as I wait for Krysmonds response. 

"And how does he plan to do that?" He raised an eyebrow, tapping his fingers on the desk. 

"I'm not sure on that one. He has only told me this part of the plan.." I trail off what I was saying. How was Kyrad going to distract his father? His father cares for nothing but power, and he won't stop at nothing to get it.  

"Soryn is a dangerous man. He's not one to be messed with. I admire Kyrad for going through such great lengths to rescue my daughter." He pauses and looks at me. "I'll help you with the plan, as well as the people will. I'm sure you can show yourself out?" 

"Yes, thank you. I'll be heading back to the abysm to let Kyrad know the news. Thank you again." He nods his head and starts writing on a piece of paper. I left the throne room and almost ran into someone on the way out. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." She says. Her eyes go big as she looks me over. "You're not from around here." It was more of a statement than a question. 

I smirk at her. "Was it the fact that i'm devilishly handsome or the all black attire that gave it away?" Her eyes narrowed into little slits at me as her cheeks turned red. 

"Neither. It was just a hunch." She says and pushes pass me.

"My names Blaeke by the way" I say to her with a lop sided grin. She stops and spins on her heel. 

"Well, good for you Blaeke. I don't care." I silently laughed to myself as she turned around and lost her footing, falling face first onto the floor. She rolled onto her back and groaned. I walked over to her and knelt beside her. 

" Well I would offer you my hand, but we only just met." I say sending her a wink. She furrowed her eyebrows at me and scoffed, using my shoulder to push herself up. 

"As if I would accept your hand anyway." She says brushing herself off before storming off in the opposite direction she was originally heading. I watched her approach the doors to the courtyard before clearing my throat. 

"What do you want now?" She asks, throwing daggers at me with her eyes. I move out of the way and motion toward the doors to the study. 

"Aren't you going the wrong way?" I ask, amusement evident in my voice. Her face turns red as she storms pass me. 

"Try not to trip over anymore flat surfaces on your way out my lady." I say as I turn to leave. I hear her huff in frustration behind me. 

"The names Aeryn, not my lady." She yells as I walk out. 

The whole way back all I could think about was the angry little princess with a lack of coordination. Was it her fiery spirit or the fact that she didn't succumb to my charms like any other girl would? She was just as stubborn as I was. Was that what kept drawing my mind back to her? 

Whatever it was, she was the princess of lumaera. I would have no chances with someone like her. Unlike Kai, I don't get a happy ending with the perfect girl. I'm just the son of a common Daeth with nothing to offer. Although, that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun in the mean time.

I was suddenly brought out of my thoughts when the prim stopped. We were already near the entrance of the hidden tunnel. I made my way to Kyrads house as quietly as I could. When I got there he rushed me inside to hear what I had to say.  

I explained to him how Krysmond had said himself and the people of Lumaera have agreed to help and are up to date on the plan. In two days time we will be doing one the most thrilling things I've ever done in a while. We will be attempting to break out the Princess of Lumaera. a thrill rushes through me at the thought of the act. Excitement buzzes every corner of my body. We were going to defy Soryn and it thrilled me to the core. I was down to help with anything that defied the ruler or involved Kyrad. In this situation, it was both.

I settled down onto the couch as Kyrad was saying something. What? I don't know. The only thing I could think about right now was Aeryn. The only girl that could resist me. The only one to make my heart do weird things.