Chapter 7

When I woke up it was dark outside. How long have I been asleep? I glance over at the clock, eight thirty in the morning. What am I doing awake? I rolled over to go back to sleep when all the events from yesterday flooded into my mind. I quickly sat up in bed. Kyrad! Was he OK? Where was he? Mother said she would get me as soon as they returned... If he has returned.. I got out of bed and quickly got dressed. I made my way to the living room as fast as I could. When I entered the living roomAeryn, Aeryns mom Aerybella, Krysmond, and mother were sitting, making small talk. They all went silent when I walked in. I looked at them all and asked

"Where's Kai?" My mother got up and came over to me.

"Honey, " she says holding my hand in hers. "Krysmond was able to get to him in time to save him" she says glancing over at the strange man who was sitting oddly close to Aeryns mother.

I looked at the two of them. When I looked over at Aeryn, she looked away from me. How odd. I looked back at her mother.

I never really thought bad of Aeryns mother. She always kept her distance from me anytime I would come around. She herself was a gorgeous woman. She was tall and skinny. She had long thick black hair and big round eyes the color of chocolate. Aeryn resembled her very much. They could almost be sisters. I glance at Aeryn and noticed she was still avoiding my gaze.

"Although Krysmond was able to get to Kyrad in time to save him, he wasn't able to get there in time to prevent him from getting hurt

"Although Krysmond was able to get to Kyrad in time to save him, he wasn't able to get there in time to prevent him from getting hurt." She says bringing me back to the the present. My heart jumped in my throat. Hurt? Kyrad was hurt. But where is he? I look at my mother, my eyes starting to water. Why was I feeling like this? Why was I so worried about someone I hardly know?

"Where is he?" I ask panic in my voice.

"Sweetie, no need to panic yourself. " she says running her hand up and down my shoulder trying to comfort me.

"Where is he?" I ask again pulling myself away from her.

She sighs, "He's in the kitchen, laid out on the table." I rush to the kitchen and stop just before the table.

There he was, laid out on the table as mother had said, except... He was bloody and bruised.

I slowly walk over to him. Taking in the damage little by little. His hair was tangled and matted. He had a black eye and a busted lip which was sure to scar. There were a few scratches on his cheek, but nothing too deep. My gaze makes its way to his chest. I take in a breath, he had tattoos going this way and that. Covering his whole torso. They went from his shoulders, across his chest, and all down his stomach and sides. All in those beautiful swirl like patterns with the strange inscriptions I had seen before. He had a few large bruises across his stomach. There was a few cuts on the left side of his chest, right above the heart. The wounds had cut off parts of the inscription that was there making it ineligible. Not that I could read it anyway, it looked to be like it was one word. Unlike the many that were spread across his torso. I continue to assess the damage. His legs didn't take too much damage, they were just bruised here and there. I moved closer to the front of the table where his head rests.