24//

"Some pieces couldn't be glues back together. Some people weren't for fixing. Sometimes, the only thing to do was burn the whole fucking world down and start again."

-Abigail Haas

* * *

I clench my teeth as the chatter seizes on command and curious eyes are thrown in my direction. Julian appears completely nonchalant as he grabs a roll from the center of the table and starts chewing on it loudly. Alexis' gaze flies to Enrique, her emerald irises sparkling with questions, but he looks away before they can meet his. 

My blood feels like ice in my veins as Julian grins proudly, obviously enjoying the conflict he created. He's playing some game, the type I know will only lead to trouble, the type I never wanted to be involved. But I already am, I was the moment he kissed me in the mass of sweaty bodies as vibrant lights illuminated the two of us on the dance floor and even more so when Roman warned me away from him. 

It's too late, there's no turning back now. "Yes," My teeth grind as I push the words from my lips. "I know the Caldwells," How do you know them? Is what I want to ask, it's what I want to know, but I don't trust the answer he would give me. 

The expression coating his features, one of self confidence and absolute approval, allows me to realize he's winning this game. He knows it, I know it, and probably everyone else too. I pick up a velvety soft menu as the waiter rushes over and grabs our drink orders. I run my gaze over the words, but they're foreign to my eyes. Written in Spanish, which despite the three years of classes I still don't understand. 

"Don't worry, I'll order for you," Julian mummers into my ear, his lips brushing over my skin sending goosebumps down my body. I roll my eyes and shift away from him, earning a glare from Alexis in the process. I exhale, I just need to get through to tonight and I'll never have to see Julian ever again. I'm doing this for Alexis, I remind myself.

He grabs the edge of my seat when Enrique and Alexis aren't paying attention and pulls me closer to him. I jump at the gesture, causing a ghost of a smirk to crawl onto his lips. My stomach drops as he rests his palm just above my knee and begins tracing circles on my skin. I don't move away, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of my discomfort. 

A tall slender man returns to the table with our drinks in his hands. He's all arms and legs, much to long to move in a graceful manner. Grinning cheekily at us, the apples of his cheeks turn a rosy color. It's too contagious to not return the gesture, but Julians grip on my leg tightens as I do so causing the smile to drop from my lips. 

With a quick tongue he says our order, the foreign words sounding like a melody. The boy nods quickly, his brunette curls bouncing with his head. Enrique follows Julian's example before the boy mutters that it'll be out soon and leaves the table. 

I sigh and stroke one of the petals of the rose lying in front of me. "So Felicity," I let my hand drop and move my focus to Enrique. "How do you know the Caldwells?" His eyebrows pull together as he cocks his head to the side. And I kind of want to tell him to fuck off, because it's none of his goddamn business. Instead I point my gaze back at the rose, it's the color of fresh snow, a certain type of purity that only nature can create. 

I lean back in my chair, Julian's hand still branding into my skin. "Better question is how do you know the Caldwells?" Julian lets loose a booming chuckle but Enrique stiffens at the question. After a moment his demeanor morphs into one of amusement also, the uneasiness melting away. 

I'm stuck between liking him and despising him for what he's most likely mixed up in. But than again Damon might as well be too, and I'm still in love with him. Maybe loving someone that's a little wicked makes you a little wicked yourself, so who am I to judge?