Chapter 4

Eren looked towards the doors being pounded on.

"Eren, open up."

He checked the bed again, to see if his sister would be able to sense the man he was trying to conceal  under his bed.

"Coming!"

He opened the two doors a crack, still holding a towel around his waist.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"I-I felt a little tired-"

"But it's your birthday!"

"I'm aware of that fact mikasa."

The girl did not take her younger brothers reply to consideration and stepped inside.

"There are many fine women in that hall Eren... Many good suitors."

The prince sighed deeply, even though the youngest child would not rise to the throne, they should still be forced to marry.

"Mikasa... we've discussed this-"

He was still acutely aware of the raven under his bed and this was not the kind of conversation he wanted to have with a pair of ears listening.

"Eren... you're delusional."

The prince rolled his eyes at his sister. She was the delusional one.

"I expect you to come down stairs at once. That's an order."

"I'm going to bathe, I won't be leaving this room again. I will see you in the morning mikasa. Have a good night."

He held out a hand to the doors, looking her in the eyes.

She walked over to them, however did not open them.

Her eyes wondered around the room, a sight that made Eren sweat profusely. 

Luckily, there were another course of knocks coming from the outside again.

Queen Carla emerged from the hallway, slightly surprised to see her two children together.

"Mikasa, what are you doing here, I thought you would be enjoying the party!"

"I was just leaving mother. Goodnight Eren."

The boy bowed his head and the queen replaced the girls previous spot.

"Eren, have you met the man I was speaking with?"

"Which one mother, you talk to everyone."

"I believe his name was Levi..."

Eren's eyes automatically averted to the bed behind his mothers shoulder.

"What is it?" She turned to where her sons eyes were and stared quizzically.

"N-nothing!"

He quickly grabbed a hold of her shoulders and turned her to face him.

"What were you saying about someone called Levi?"

"He was a very pleasant man, not too pleasant though. He was quite expressionless... well, that was until you came down those stairs. I noticed how you looked at him too."

"M-mother!"

"What? You two were practically staring at-"

"Y-yes well, maybe that was because we didn't know each other..."

"...maybe."

Although Carla said this, she knew exactly what was going on.

"You haven't met him I guess?"

"I have actually."

"Really, Where did you speak with him? I didn't see you."

"Before mikasa arrived."

"...he was in your room..."

"N-no! Of course not! W-we just bumped into one another."

The queens eyebrow arched, hearing her son stutter meant he was lying, another give away was the fact his ears were a bright scarlet.

She pulled the boys ear gently.

"Eren jaeger, do not lie to me!"

"He's probably gone by now anyway!"

"Non- sense! We shall invite him back. Just to speak with you alone!"

"N-no it's fine mother! You don't need to."

"It's happening Eren."

And with those final words she shut the door, leaving Eren speechless.