7. Talks And Accusations.

Start from the beginning

However, peace is also something that's too much to ask sometimes. Because, before she could walk away, Dylan's flat voice was there, stopping her midway, "I expected a little trust from you," the statement left her stunned, like cold water splashed right on her face, making it hard for her to breathe. She turned to look at his face, but he stood on the other side, his back facing her, making it impossible to view his expressions. The tone of his voice got her thinking hard. For an instant, Scarlett felt like a burden and she forgot how smoothly he'd managed to make her feel regretful.

Anyway, he finally turned, his eyes turned unreadable as he walked a little, only a couple steps to be precise, as she stared at him cluelessly.

He eventually spoke, "We swore, that no matter what, we'd trust each other, didn't we, Scarlett?" The same accusing tone came around and she was dumbfounded. "I didn't expect anything that day," he right away added and all she could manage was to simply stare at him expressionlessly. He continued after a moment as he took a sharp intake, "You were all convinced, right – that I am the one who was on the wrong side of the law, even you; I thought you'd show a little trust for god's sake. You claimed to be my person, you called yourself my Angel, didn't you?" He questioned, taking his eyes off of her. From what she grasped, his voice rose at the end but his eyes held a kind of softness or was it just her that thought that way, Scarlett could not really tell.

Dylan continued going deeper into the issue. Looked like he was not in the mood to dismiss it anytime soon. "You didn't even hear my side of the story," he chuckled dryly, "And you just wouldn't listen to me. You just pointed the finger at me," he mocked.

"You think you could change my opinion by this little act of yours?" Scarlett spoke a while later as he turned, carrying a void expression. Her brows were quirked up in question, "Something that you're trying to show here in front of me, knowing my susceptibility, it's expected though, from an emotional manipulator like you," she spitefully uttered as he just stood there, staring at me. She continued, "There's no point in pulling over the past now. You chose what you have to do to break off everything we had. Therefore I expect you to leave me alone from now on." She completed it.

He gave her a stare, and Scarlett quickly added soon, "Which story you're talking about by the way?" She started in sarcastic humor as she continued when he gave her a demanding stare, "I would, I even thought about it. And that evidence was enough to tell me all your intentions and doings. They screamed your name. You broke me and you let us down. You shattered our relationship." Scarlett was outraged by then as she glared at him crossly, hurt observable from her tone.

Letting out a harsh chuckle, he took a few steps back. "Well, I think you didn't try your best to have faith in me. I could be framed in that. Have you ever thought about it? And about our relationship, you played a major part in breaking it, Angel," he stated in a matter of fact tone as she stared at him in aggravation.

Slowly, he advanced his steps to where Scarlett was rooted as he stood just before her, a little closer and before she could register or imagine, he carried a casual smirk making her give him an unbelievable stare. He was showing himself as hurt and wounded just about a moment ago and now, he came out like his usual smirking bastard?

"I'm not a manipulator, Angel," he softly uttered, his hand reaching up to her cheek as she squirmed making him laugh quietly. "And about your expectations of me leaving you alone," he paused, he whispered distractingly brushing his thumb over her lower lip, making it hard for her to maintain a straight expression and it only caused him to endlessly smirk. He further continued, "That is absolutely not going to take place. You will always come across me, love," he completed as his palm rested against my cheek, bringing her face closer to him.