7. Talks And Accusations.

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to punch you if you are behind this," Scarlett hollered, her brows went wide in stupefaction but soon, her expression turned scornful.

Scarlett glimpsed around, traveling her gaze everywhere and instantly found the devil at an opposite corner, already looking her way, wearing tricky smiles. She shot him her most deadly glare and turned, facing Leah.

"Are you out of your mind? Why would I do that Scarlett?" Leah's tone came out as a defendant one and it was then that she realized how unreasonable and deadpan she'd turned. She lashed out at her friend, who was always by her side, no matter what.

"I know what happened, Scarlett," Leah held her arm assuringly; "I loved to take part in playing cupid between you both but not anymore." She gave Scarlett a concerned stare leaving her repented.

Scarlett closed her eyes, her furiousness instantly fading away as she sighed heavily. "What is wrong with me? I am acting so immature." She muttered under her breath.

"I'm genuinely sorry, Lee," immediately, Scarlett apologized to her as she felt her squeezing her arm, again assuring her silently, "It's just that I found him outside the restroom and I was so snowed under by his presence," she sighed again as she looks at her. She shook lightly, conveying to her that it was fine, but she knew it was not. She could not lash out that way. "I was not thinking appropriately." Scarlett completed as she instantly hugged her to make her feel better. Leah looked at her, not pitifully but it was only a concern for her.

"I'll be back. Don't go anywhere," she requested as she nodded lightly.

Scarlett deliberately landed her gaze towards where he'd stood earlier, but this time, she could not spot him. A sigh of relief escaped her mouth thinking about the possibility of him finally exiting from the party.

The loud theme of the party made her feel so nauseated. Therefore, she thought to walk a bit around the area – that would probably work and help her to stop thinking about one certain devious mind present in there. However, could she? Really?

The moment Scarlett stepped out of Leah's hallway, she was right away got introduced with a quiet and serene silence. She walked further towards the pool. Although the cold breeze that flowed effortlessly made her shiver a bit, the feeling was comfortable and calm. It was a cold windy night and the stars represented the massive sky. The reflection of the exquisite view into the crystal clean water effortlessly brought an unconscious smile to her face.

Scarlett does not remember her saving her time for this kind of beautiful nature. She'd always enjoyed passing her time. Sometimes, she found herself staring at the moon, getting lost to the calmness of the night, through her bedroom window. She experienced watching the moon and the clouds covering its beauty and it absolutely made her feel better. She wrapped her arms closer, hugging herself, feeling the cold air touching her skin.

"Peaceful," Scarlett gasped aloud. Due to the sudden voice, she was attacked by the goosebumps and the fact that few areas of her skin were exposed to the cold air, it did not help either. She'd waited with closed eyes, awaiting her beatings to turn to normal. Undoubtedly, it was Dylan. Surprisingly, he was not smirking or anything that he usually does. He just stood to her side, his hands deep inside his pockets as he stared heavenward, with a bitter smile on his face. Another trick is to bring different, unnamed things inside her.

"It indeed was," Scarlett stated as he swiftly glanced her way. His expression changed to a dubious one, probably noticing her demeanor, which was not outrageous around him. It was not surprising though. She was evidently jaded. Because for her, it was hard to react to his countless smirks and attempts to trouble her. "It indeed was, until you decided to invade it with your unwanted presence," she mocked though, unfolding her arms as she gave him a wry look. As a response, he stared at her blankly. Before he decides to talk or pass anything against her liking, Scarlett chooses to leave the heavenly view for now. Anywhere with Dylan beside her is not calm anymore.