Ch. 22: De-void

Scott drove us on his bike toward the loft, my arms around his waist to stay on, Kira following behind us in her own car.

We had to get there now. Before the sun set and the oni appeared.

*

The sun was already setting before we got there, Scott driving faster, Kira driving faster behind us.

*

When we got there, as Scott and I pulled the helmets off, getting off of the bike, I said, "Once things settle for the night, I'm kicking Derek's ass."

"Because he told me about you leaving?" Scott asked as Kira got out of her car.

"Yeah."

"Well, I know you, and I know you wouldn't just kick his ass, you'd kill him."

Kira ran toward us as the gunshots made us look up at the loft windows, the lights flashing as two people pulled two different triggers.

Scott, Kira and I ran up.

*

When we got there, Stilinski and Argent pointed their guns toward us until they realized it was just us, lowering them. I saw a wound on Derek's back, but we didn't see any oni or Stiles. Just Stilinski, Derek, Allison and Argent.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"They disappeared," Allison answered. "They literally just vanished."

"And so did Stiles," Stilinski said.

*

I sighed as I walked into Scott's room, as he stood at his dresser. "Did you really have to bring me here?"

"You said it yourself," Scott said. "You were gonna kick Derek's ass for outting you. Derek's hurt right now, so I'd figured I'd let him heal before you killed him." I smirked, looking away. He wasn't over exaggerating.  "I could loan you a T-shirt if you want."

I shook my head, starting to take off my leather jacket. "I'm okay."

"Take the bed. I'll sleep in the chair."

He started to walk for the chair, sitting down as I set my jacket on the floor next to the door, not making a move toward the bed. "Why'd you really ask me to come?"

"Uh, I figured I could convince you to stay in town, actually," Scott admitted. I nodded once, looking away. "Instead of you leaving. Again." I looked back at him. "Did you really believe I'd let you go without a fight?"

"No," I answered. "Did you really believe I'd let you sleep in the chair?"

Scott chuckled. "I've woken up plenty of times in this thing. It's okay."

"I'm used to sleeping in chairs," I admitted. "Not beds."

"Yeah, Derek told me about the chair you sleep in the upstairs of the loft."

"Yeah, Derek tells you a lot of things he shouldn't be telling you."

"Don't worry about it," Scott told me. "But why do you think I let you have the bed? The old Hale property, the underground hideout, and now you're sleeping in a chair in the loft. No beds for a little over a year."

Why did I hate it but like it at the same time when he was worried about me?

I hated it more than I liked it.

"It's a good chair, and I'm gonna kick Derek's ass for telling you that." I tilted my head as I looked away. "Or for telling you anything."

"But you have to admit you've forgotten what a bed feels like," Scott said. I nodded absentmindedly. I had. He stood, walking toward me, taking one of my hands. "Fine. How about this?"