shi-er

"i hope you brought your swimsuits like i told you to last class since we're doing water polo today!"

the entire class winced when the coach blew all over his whistle and yelled as loud as he could.

jinyoung and jaebum, who just so happened to sit at the front after the coach instructed everyone to gather around, regretted their life choices. every time that greasy middle-aged man shouted, they could feel the spit particles splattering on their face and clothes. at least they were wearing their gym class uniforms, right?

"alright, let's head to the pool!" the coach screamed after scanning over his class and counting thirty-two alive heads. as they walked in a not so single file line and jinyoung kept nagging him about eating a proper breakfast, jaebum searched for youngjae. he knew that he was in his same gym class and that he wasn't sick or anything. the crowd was rowdy and pushy, though, so there went his chances of talking to him before they had to get in the pool.

"well, you know the drill!" pointing to two different doors on the building next to the pool, the coach spat at his poor students. "girls' changing room is on the right, boys' is on the left. let's get going, you have seven minutes to change!"

with that, everyone ran to wherever they were supposed to go, leaving a tired jinyoung and dazed jaebum behind in the dust.

of course, the boys' changing room was absolute pandemonium the moment the two buddies stepped in. someone was already screaming, two people were on the floor, and the infamous smell of curry bread filled the room.

"god, who eats right before swimming? especially water polo?" jinyoung whisper-exclaimed to his friend, flashing a disgusted face towards whoever was eating the flavorful and aromatic pastry. the two shrugged and made their way to their respective lockers (which weren't too far from each other) and quickly stripped away their gym clothes, revealing the swimming shorts they wore underneath.

...except for jinyoung, who decided that wearing a rushguard would one, protect his skin from a painful tan and two, discourage any sort of 'sinful hand actions' on his otherwise nude body. jaebum didn't care, obviously, and wore trunks without a top just like any average teenage boy. he attempted to search for youngjae once again in the changing room but before he could go anywhere, the coach blew his whistle and everyone had to hustle their way out to the pool deck.

once the entire class was gathered at the pool deck, the coach had the students lined up and surrounding the pool in order to watch the examples of certain strokes one could use to swim during water polo. obviously, the coach chose star swimmers that were in the class, one for each type of stroke to demonstrate across the pool. jaebum and jinyoung watched with bored eyes, barely paying attention as a kid named jeon wonwow or something along those lines swam freestyle at about 1000 miles per second. or, at least, that was that it seemed to be in the eyes of the twenty-something students who were mediocre swimmers.

"now, he went a bit too fast than you actually need to for our school's water polo, but the faster you can swim with the ball, the more untouchable you are to the opposing team," the coach explained, gesturing for that wonwow kid to get out of the water. a few girls kept giggling as he used the ladder to climb out, which was annoying to every other guy who didn't have a body as fantastic as his. "next, i want you guys to watch carefully. this is butterfly stroke and arguably the one all of my students are horrible at doing."

at first, jaebum wasn't even watching the demonstration properly (and was instead longing to get in the darn pool already). good thing jinyoung had sharp eyes and was his friend, though; he nudged jaebum in the side—you can imagine how not painful that felt, considering that his body was bare naked—and whispered to him, "so you're not gonna watch the one who inhaled your dong?"