si

"you promise you'll be there?"

"yeah! i don't have any plans for today so i can come," youngjae replied enthusiastically as he bit into his store bought sandwich. he was a bit nervous at the beginning of lunch because, for some extraordinary reason, the popular jaebum asked to eat lunch with him. they sat across from each at the usual table youngjae ate at, which was almost always empty.

jaebum smirked to himself as he nibbled on some pieces of chicken. his path was going extra smoothly so far with everything going just as planned. if he was lucky enough, he'd be able to convince youngjae to like him enough to, you know, do things that boyfriends did. jaebum was a decent person, though, and probably would acknowledge it if youngjae was to reject him, although he'd still be stubborn in order to create mutual feelings between them.

(too bad he wasn't decent enough to realize how much his 'plan' would hurt youngjae's heart.)

"jinyoung-hyung's gonna be there, right?" jaebum nodded, noticing how youngjae's face would go pink and he'd become flustered during the mentioning of park jinyoung. jaebum wasn't a fan of the younger's crush on his best friend, but he knew that he needed to be patient because everything would fixed later that day, at that party. right?

"you have cute legs, by the way," jaebum commented out of nowhere with a mouthful of chicken puffing up his cheeks. unfortunately for youngjae, he was in the middle of sipping on his milk carton and almost choked on the straw.

"um..." youngjae glanced around the cafeteria nervously. "...am i supposed to say 'thank you'?"

"i mean, not necessarily. you don't have to," jaebum said while shrugging his shoulders. resting his elbows on the table, he leaned forward in order to be closer to the other. "i was just saying. you know, i have p.e. with you and all, so i naturally end up looking at your legs..."

"uh-huh." youngjae continued sipping on his milk after clearing his throat, taking out a rather thick book from his backpack and flipping to the bookmark he left there.

although jaebum was happy just with watching youngjae do his own thing, he was still bothered by how youngjae only saw him as a friend. like, they had a pretty hot (in his opinion) make out session in a closet at school. jaebum thought of that as kinda a big deal, since you were either really kinky or really eager if you did that. or both at the same time, who knows.

but ah, yes, jaebum couldn't put the pieces together properly without the help of some superglue. jaebum hadn't noticed exactly how far youngjae's meter of innocence went and how he was basically the only one who was really into making out in that closet.

"I think i'll finally have the courage to talk to jinyoung-hyung... thank you for giving me this opportunity, jaebum-hyung."

jaebum smiled. he didn't feel guilty yet, but he would soon enough.

🏀

"like i said, for the last time, i'm 6 feet tall but i have a nice heart. i'm also the youngest here. do you really think i'm capable of making mentos ice cubes just for this party where i know for a fact that carbonated drinks would be served?"

"yes," jinyoung and jackson said simultaneously, washing off the coke that had exploded all over their hands a minute ago. shaking his head, yugyeom's friend bambam pulled him away out of sight from the hyungs and started snickering uncontrollably. as jaebum passed by them, though, they stood up straight and even saluted him.

"are you guys up to something shady?" jaebum raised a brow whilst sipping his root beer. the two shook their heads vigorously, making the older shrug. "as long as you don't send someone to the hospital. or yourself."