The Kickball

Kayleigh Hecox's POV

Kickball, we were playing kickball. I hate kickball.

"I told you I'm not good at sports!" I said to Ian. He just smiled. "Why did I take this job?"

"Because you'd rather work with me then be unemployed," Ian said. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Don't worry, you'll do great!" Courtney said to me.

"How come you're always so happy?" I asked her. She shrugged. Courtney and continued our conversation well Ian and Anthony explained the rules to the viewers.

"So, I filmed something for our vlogs!" Courtney told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Shayne and your's tickle fight!" Courntey said. I nodded. She was looking at me funny.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. She just continued to smile.

"You like him!" She said. I rolled my eyes.

"I just met him!" I reminded her. "In fact, I just met you, so I wouldn't be telling you if I liked him or not!"

"Fine, just live in denial!" Courtney said walking over to everyone else.

"I'm not in denial!" I told Courtney. She looked at me. "Denying you're in denial is not denial!" Courtney rolled her eyes.

"So, the Kumbayaaas will be starting!" Ian said, glaring at me.

"You can just edit it out!" I told him.

"Yeah right!" Ian said. My team went out field. I was standing on first base. Joven was up first.

"Alright Joven!" I heard the Kumbayaaas cheer him on from the bench. Joven kicked the ball right at me. I dove and caught it, landing in the pool of lube.

"Out!" The pitcher yelled. I cheered and got out of the pool. Next up was Anthony, who kicked the ball right at me too. I dove and rolled on the ground. "Out!"

"Yes!" I yelled standing up. After that, I couldn't catch anymore balls.

"Kumbayaaas 1 run!" The pitcher said. Now it was my team's turn, and I was up first.

"Why am I going first?" I asked my team.

"You did great at dodgeball, you'll do great at this!" Flitz yelled at me.

"I didn't do anything during dodgeball!" I yelled at him. The pitcher rolled the ball at me, which I lightly kicked. I booked it for first base, and jumped into the kiddy pool.

"Ow!" Joven said. I looked up and saw that I had kicked him in the face.

"Don't get in my way!" I told him standing up. My team was laughing on the bench. Shayne us up after me. He kicked the ball to Mari. She didn't catch it, but she had it. Mari was coming after me so I grabbed Anthony and pushed him into Mari and ran to second base.

"Ref!" Wes yelled. Sunny looked over at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You pushed Anthony into Mari!" Wes yelled pointing to the pile Mari and Anthony were in.

"No one said that pushing wasn't aloud!" I yelled back. Sunny shrugged.

"I'll allow it!" He said. I smirked at Wes.

"You and I have a rivalry now!" I said pointing at him. Keith was next, and Noah got him out. Ian was after him. Well the pitcher was getting ready. I ran to third base.

"Sunny!" The Kumbayaaas yelled. I smiled and waved.

"You can steal bases!" Sunny said. I nodded. Ian went, and I managed to get home.

"Yes beytches!" I screamed running over to Courtney and hugging her.

Everything went uphill from there. My team won. I was so happy. Lasercorn came up to me once the game was done.

"Good job cheating!" He said holding his hand out for a high five. I gave him one and smiled.

"Don't call it cheating, call it finding a loophole around the rules," I told him. He laughed and nodded. I waved him goodbye and went on my phone. I had some extra time to call Fawn. She had already left me 3 messages.

"Hello?" Fawn said picking up right away.

"Hey Fawn. As my best friend, can you help me?" I asked.

"Of course my Kayleigh! What do you need help with?" Fawn asked, trying to hold back her laughter.

"I'm starting to fall for one of my teammates," I told her. The line went quiet. I couldn't tell if she was just shocked, or if she hung up. "Hello?"

"Is he cute?" Fawn asked. I rolled my eyes. She gasped. "It's not your brother is it?" Fawn asked, being very serious. I gaged.

"No! I'm not telling you who, I just want your advice!" I told her. The line went quiet once again.

"That's a thinker! Um, follow your heart!" Fawn said. I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks! If I wanted that advice, I would have just googled quotes!" I told her. I could tell that she was smiling.

"I mean it! If you really like this person, go up to them and kiss them!" Fawn said. She was being serious.

"Fawn I - " I started before she cut me off.

"Just do it!" Fawn yelled.

"Fine!"