One Day At A Time

When it comes to the things that I've wanted over the years of my life, I've come to state that I was so focused on them, I found myself not being fully present in the moment. And also not thinking about what my life would be like and where I'd be with my life in a week, month, or year from now. And instead rather focusing on the 24 hours I have today to work towards those things that I want to earn and achieve.

Since I discovered how much I was not being grateful for all the things that we take for granted from my time I spent on recreating myself and analyzing the things that weren't clear to me till these moments; I've come to have gained a lot of progress in practicing gratitude each day which has helped as much as it would. For one thing about my happiness, I would only give my happiness to those moments where I reach milestones and big achievements; never the small achievements or the tiniest of tasks in which I had accomplished. This was because of what my parents took part in with my brain.

What a kid is taught, a kid becomes. - Superintendent Turner

Another part of my happiness behind why I wasn't as satisfied nor happy with myself and my life, was because I put the key to my happiness in my parents pockets instead of my own where it should've been. But even after coming to the conclusion of that, I've been working, achieving progress and success with putting and keeping the key to my happiness in my pocket.

Next, I would like to talk a bit about my habits I used to have over the many years of my life being all caught up and so focused on being in control of so much of my life. I did this to the extent point where it would lead to big problems and all else that could possibly happen down this road. And to state one important fact about my progress in giving up the amount of control I had that I needed to let go; being that it feels better to be only in enough control from the inside to make the changes in my life that I want contributing to the future I have been wanting to have for so many years.

Now it's time to focus on the positive things in my life! Through all the bad things I've been through and overall how they have impacted me with my life, I'm here to state that the positive and better things have been happening and more leading to more and yet long-lasting happiness. And one of these things is having found a job more to my liking and to my standards/expectations in a job. I've been working at Walmart only for 5 or so shifts which have been tiring but worth the work and paycheck.