Chapter 31

-Harry's POV!!-

The driver was taking the housemates back to the contestants house then dropping me off at mine. In the car on the way back we talked for a bit about the final and stuff. Ariana fell asleep bless her. We had barely got onto the main road. Her red hair had fallen across her face slightly and I was so tempted to just reach over and tuck it behind her ear. She was breathing very lightly and she looked very peaceful. She wasn't frowning like she usually is nowadays which I know I've caused and it kills me. I want more than anything to make her happy. I know I can but she wont give me another chance, she wont even let me explain what happened.

I looked away from her, I couldn't stand it anymore. I looked at Liam who was sitting next to me and he was looking at Ariana in exactly the same way I was. He couldn't like her could he? What if she liked him? They were pretty close, and they were always together, joking around, having a laugh. I looked at Liam and I knew he liked her, I mean who doesn't? But what if they got together? I mean he isn't bad looking and he is a lovely, funny guy. I just hoped nothing will happen between them.

When the car reached the contestants house it came to a stop. I got out and walked around the car to Ari's door. And just as I got there so did Liam.

'I can take her, don't worry' I said to him reaching for the handle of the door.

'No, it's fine,' Liam smiled 'I have to go inside anyway, you don't need to inconvenience yourself' And he then opened the door and undid Ariana's seatbelt. He put one arm under her body and one under her legs and lifted her out of the car. Ariana moved slightly in his arms so her face was nuzzled into his chest and she put her arms around his neck. My stomach twisted watching that and I turned my back on the pair and got into the car.

Liam can't start to distract her now. It's the final week. It would be unfair for her to get distracted and not win because Liam wants a bit of fun with her. No. I would not let that happen.

I want Ariana to be happy, I want to see her smile. She has been working so hard through out this whole competition and winning would make her the happiest girl alive. I wanted so bad to be able to just give her the winners single and the record deal. Give her everything she wants. But I cant. I can only help. I need to keep my distance just for this week. She needs to work her hardest and make sure she gets that prize.

That couldn't be so hard could it? Giving her space? And it's only for a week surely I can stay away that long? Once again the car came to a stop and we were at my house. I said thank you and good night to the driver and walked up to my door. I unlocked the front door and walked inside.

Amanda had gone now, completely. She had come and got her stuff the day before so now my place seemed quite a bit bigger, much more space.

I got myself ready for bed and fell asleep almost instantly. Today had been tiring but it would be nothing compared to the rest of the week.

It was now lunchtime and all day had been manic. Rehearsals, interviews, rehearsals, clothes fittings, rehearsals, choreography, rehearsals, rehearsals, rehearsals. I hadn't spoken to Ariana all day. I had seen her around but I managed to stop myself from walking over to where she was, from talking to her or even looking her way. I tried my best and so far my best was good enough. But I was also keeping Liam busy. I told myself it was because I wanted what was best for him and I wanted him to win which was true, but it also wasn't true. Deep down I knew I kept Liam busy because I didn't want him to find any time to talk to or distract Ariana. It was selfish I know but hey, so what?

 I sat down with my sandwich and I made Liam sit next to me. I knew Ariana wouldn't sit with him if I was here. We talked about everything we could and he was asking me about my time in the competition and my experiences.