chapter 1

hey so this is my story i really hope you like it! I was coming home on the plane and thought of it haha enjoy:)

------------------------------------------------------------

-ARIANAS POV!!-

So here it was the big day....I was finally auditioning for the x-factor. I had moved to England last year because my parents had work over here and even though I was 18 and I live on my own I just couldn't imagine being that far away from them. So me and my brother Frankie moved aswell. We had watched last years series of the show and Frankie said he thought I should enter I wasn't so sure at first but in the end I thought why not?

My mum and dad were really excited about it aswell. They drove me, Frankie and Josh to the audition. Josh was my boyfriend I met him the first day I we moved and he lived in the flat opposite me and Frankie. He is so supportive about what I do which really helps. We lived in London which we loved it was so big and british!

When I got there I saw just how many people were there and I suddenly got all nervous but Frankie was helping me keep my cool. He was such a good brother he was my bestfriend. We were waiting in the big long line of hopefuls and then two people I recognised as Olly Murs and Caroline Flack came up to me and asked if it was ok if they filmed me..I was so nervous but I agreed.

"So what's your name?" Olly asked smiling encouragingly at me.

"A..Ariana Grande" I replied hesitantly.

"Where are you from?" Caroline asked me this. She was so gorgeous and sweet.

"Well...I'm originally from America but I moved here last year with my family."

"oh cool how old are you?" Caroline kept smiling at me which helped me to relax.

"I'm 18" I smiled back.

"OK and finally do you think you have the x-factor?" Olly asked me happily

"erm yes?" they laughed

"aww bless, good luck Ariana hope to see you later!"

I smiled and they stopped filming. Caroline went and spoke to the camera man but Olly started to speak to me.

"Hey, I can tell you are really nervous but I was standing exactly where you are a few years ago and now look where I am. I mean whats the worst that can happen?" he said supportingly.

"Well I could totally mess up and embarrass myself infront of the whole country on the TV" I said looking down. Olly laughed.

"I doubt that just relax..we have rally nice judges this year..we have Louis walsh, Tulisa, Harry Styles and Katy Perry. You will do amazingly just relax don't worry." He smiled a genuine smile and I believed him.

"Thanks Olly" he got called away he gave me a quick hug and kiss on the cheek then went off to interview a man with bright pink spiky hair.  Josh came and put his arm around my waist I don't think he liked Olly talking to me that much.

Now I had more to think about so I wasn't just thinking about my nerves. So the judges were Louis Walsh, Tulisa, Harry Styles and Katy Perry. Well Louis Walsh seemed like a really nice man he has always been a judge on x-factor and I don't even know how he became famous. Then there was Tulisa who was a singer herself she was amazing! Last year her act a girl group called Little Mix had won the x-factor and they were amazing!! Then it was Harry Styles, he was part of the group One Direction who had come 3rd on this show a year before Little Mix had won but they have done the best since then. They were amazing and I was quite a big fan, I wasn't like crazy but I liked them and ther music but I did like Harry the best so I was pretty excited then ther was Katy Perry who was a worldwide sensation! She was a phenomenal singer and I looked up to her in so many ways.

Lost in my thoughts I hadn't realised we had reached the front of the line.

"Ariana!" Frankie snapped me out of my head and I concentrated on the woman sat infront of me.

"Name?" she asked kind of boredly I felt sorry for her doing this all day she looked about 30 and sh was really slim and pretty I don't know why she had chose this job she could've done somthing lse somthing more interesting.

"Ariana Grande" I smiled at her she looked a little shocked and smiled back. Why was she shocked? maybe she just gets loads of stuck up people snapping at her and paying her no attention? who knows?

"OK sweetie heres your number" she gave me a sticker with the number 1279367 on it I smiled and stuck it on my stomach.

"Thankyou have a nice day"

"you to!" she beamed back at me.

Some of the people around me looked really weird. They were wearing things like catsuits or rock and roll outfits or some really revealing stuff I guessed this was for Harry. I felt really underdressed next to some of them. I was wearing some skinny jeans, my jack wills hoodie, a top and my converses. But that was me I felt comfortable like that and I wasn't going to change or give people the wrong impression. I had my bright red hair down and a bow in my hair which matched my hoodie.

I walked into the big building infront of me and just followed the crowd really. Josh held my hand supportively and Frankie was pointing out some of the crazier looking people and making me laugh. which helped and stopped me being as nervous.

The next few hours seemed to drag on for ages! There were three auditions I had to do before I actually got to go onto the stage and sing to the judges. Whenever I sang to the the people auditioning me they looked a little bored when I walked in which was nerve wracking but again I guessed they had a load of arrogant people treating them badly like the woman at the desk.

I would just smile at them and have a little chat which made thm smile which also made me smile. When I told them what song I was going to sing they looked a little worried but I guessed it was pretty common but I had put my own little edge on it so I was pretty confident with the song. And everytime I startd to sing they looked shocked and smiled and started tapping there feet to the music which made me happy.

I got through all three of the auditions meaning that today I would walk onto the stage and sing to the famous judges and either get through to bootcamp or get sent home.  My parents, Frankie and Josh were all buzzing by now they were jumping around they were probably more excited than I was! We waited for ages with people and eventually my number was called out. We all grabbed our bags and coats and rushed forward. Next thing I knew I was standing infront of Dermot 'O' Leary and was gtting interviewed. I told them everything and then I saw something I didn't expect Olly was stood there smiling obviously waiting for me to go on I walked over to him Josh didn't look so happy but I didn't care I was so grateful to him.

"Hey Olly why are you here?" I asked giving him a hug.

"I wanted to watch you perform something about you caught my eye and I saw ow nervous you are I wanted to give you some support" I smiled so wide I couldn't believe Olly Murs was stood infront of m wanting me to do well out of everyone there!

"Thankyou so much Olly it honestly means so much! I have to go I hope you enjoy it!"

" don't worry I will good luck!" he gave me a hug and quick kiss on the cheek and I walked over to the side of the stage.

Josh was upset but Frankie was having a word. Mum and dad were hugging me wishing my luck so was Dermot. I just heard Frankie say to Josh " It's not like that he is just wishing her luck thats all he doesn't look at her that way and she doesn't see him that way either. Now quit sulking and wish your girlfriend good luck." I felt mean for eavesdropping but then Josh and Frankie gave me goodlucks and kisses and hugs and it was time for me to go on Josh held my hand and pulled me back he gav me a long kiss trying to make it go deeper but I pulled away he was looking at Olly meaningfully but he was just smiling back. Gosh why was Josh so jealous?

I walked up the stairs right next to th stage I could hear the judges talking to another contestant and saying their yes or no's. Then the girl walked off a huge smile on her face. I had one quick look at everyone who smiled and gave me the thumbs up then i turned back and took on deep breath.

Then the man next to me started to count down as to when to walk onto the stage...

"3...2...1 the stage is yours"