Chapter Twelve

-Chapter Twelve

                The lights of the party were flashing everywhere, making it hard to walk and actually see where I was going. Someone had handed me a glass of champagne, although I couldn’t make out whom. I didn’t object to taking it though, and I quickly downed it in a matter of seconds.

                I eased in with the crowd of people, dancing against someone I hardly knew. I was getting lost in the music, and I could feel the buzz of the alcohol in my system. The room was growing hotter and hotter by the second.

                Music blasted through the stereos, and I looked around for anyone familiar. I knew no one, making the party all the better. I could do whatever I wanted without having to worry about my reputation.

                I spotted a group of cute guys located near the bar. I decided I might as well introduce myself. There was no harm in that, right? As soon as I began to walk away from the dance floor, I turned around as someone clasped their hand around my wrist.

                “What the hell?” I asked, turning around and biting my lip.

                A smile appeared as I wrapped my arms around the person who had stopped me, “Liam!” I yelled over the music, “What are you doing here?” I was more than happy to see him.

                He shrugged, “I work here.”

                “In this club?”

                “No, for the company this party is hosted by. I travel a lot and I just flew in to Singapore this morning. What are you doing here?”

                “I got a job here too! I’m modeling for a fashion show.” It was hard for my words to be made audible over the loud pounding of the music and all the vibration in the room.

                “You want to go outside?”Liam asked me, probably thinking the same thing I was. It had been so long since I had last spoken to him. I couldn’t believe he was actually in front of me at this very moment.

                Liam was someone I had dated in between one of me and Wes’ breakups. It was when I first got in to modeling that I met him. He worked with all major companies with big labels. I happened to be at my agent’s office building when I met him. He asked me out to dinner and I felt inclined to go, considering his astonishing good looks.

                Of course I broke it off the moment Wes said he wanted me back. I practically did anything that Wes wanted me too, although I highly regret those decisions now.

                I followed Liam through corridors that lead to the outside of the club. He leaned against the brick wall and simply just looked at, his eyes grazing my body.

                “You still look as good as I remember you to,” he complimented.

                “It really hasn’t been that long. What do you think, eight or nine months maybe?”

                He shrugged, “Feels like longer.”

                I smiled, “I’ve actually missed you. I just didn’t feel like I had a right to call you after the way I ended things. I’m really sorry about that, by the way.”

                He waved it off, “I’m over it now. I’m just glad to see you here. And you’re modeling now? I guess dreams do come true.”