Chapter Eleven

"Ouch, that's too tight," I said, squirming under the slight pressure of the gauzy fabric around my torso. The small oriental lady nodded and continued on pinning the dress around me. She looked as if she was moving ten miles a minute, speed-walking back and forth from model to model. I'd hate to be in her position.

"Is that my little girl, I see?" A hoarse, raspy voice sounded from behind me. 

I turned around disregardless of the fact of my dress, to see Estelle walking in, cigarette in hand why of course. I hardly ever saw her without one. I was beginning to think it had become a permanent accesory for her. Her platinum blonde hair was pinned up lazily on top of her head, and her bright pink lipstick was a little too much. 

I smiled, I was glad to see her. She was the one person actually familiar in this town full of strangers and new places. 

She grabbed me, pulling me down from the platform I was standing on, and grabbed me in tight hug. She reminded me so much of my mom sometimes, besides the fact that my mom wouldn't be caught dead in that amount of makeup in a public setting.

 "Finally!" I said, thrilled. "Feels like I haven't seen you in ages." 

"Right, right. It's been too long. Now turn for me, darling. That dress is absolutely stunning!" 

I did what she told, as she marveled at the dress flowing off my body.

I stepped back on to the platform, as the asian lady rushed back to my side and continued right where she left off.

"Anyways," Estelle continued on, "I came to give you these." She dug through her Chanel purse and fished out a black slip of paper. She turned it over to reveal my name printed in silver bold letters, and some smaller writing I couldn't make out.

"What is it?" I asked, taking the ticket in to my hand. 

She smiled, "Why, it's a ticket. I only got you an invite to the hottest party of the year." 

"The hottest party of the year I think I would know about," I stated matter-of-factly.

"Okay fine, well one of the top ten hottest. I can assure you this is something you most definitely won't want to miss out on." 

"Alright I'll go. I never really can turn down a party."

"Thought so. And it's just a bonus that all the other models are going to be there too. Consider this the before party of the fashion show. It's going to be unforgettable, I can assure you."

"I guess so," I agreed in return.

Estelle turned her head sideways examining the dress I had on at the moment. Her eyebrows furrowed as she obviously had a better idea. I knew that look very well for Estelle.

"That dress would look ten times better without the shawl," Estelle commented to herself, before saying her goodbyes and walking out the room.

The seamstress took another look at me, and removed the shawl. She smiled at the finished product, and I turned to face the mirror. Estelle was definitely right. The shawl just covered up the beautiful beading at the top of the dress.  

After we were done with the fitting of only the first of many dresses to come within the week, I stepped back in to the dressing room to take it off, excited for what was to come tonight.

***

I looked around, unsure of the scene before me. I'll admit, I expected it to be a little more classy than this, and with much more oriental people. This just looked like a huge high school party with an expensive venue, instead of the usual house where parent's weren't home for the weekend. 

The dresses were much fancier too, although still quite short. And instead of the also so usual red plastic cups, they were replaced by glass flukes. 

 I didn't mind though, because the first thought that came to mind was that I couldn't wait for tonight had in store for me. 

_________________________________________________________

Okay, I wasn't really finished with writing this chapter.....but I felt bad for making you guys wait so long and although this isn't a good chapter, I wanted to at least give you SOMETHING.

And anyways, right now I'm writing a book for myself, that is completely different then anything I've done before :))) 

Once I finish it, I'll definitely start posting all the chapters on Wattpad.

Until then, I'm sorry to announce that this Story is officially ON HOLD. 

I can assure you it will only be three or four months before I start uploading again....just be patient and I appreciate all your comments

I'm sorry for the minor setback, I'm just extremely busy and I've kinda come to a writer's block on this story anyways.

xoxoxox -R