Chapter Five

-Chapter Five

Wes and I had been sitting in silence for almost an hour, when the intercom clicked on and a voice came through the speakers on the ceiling.

"If I may have your attention, Ladies and Gentlemen."

This short introduction got the attention of everyone in the airplane cabin. Some were just now being woken up, and quiet voices sounded throughout the entire structure.

The voice continued on with the message, "We are now entering a region near Albany, New York. This is a half an hour away from a blizzard with nearly wind speeds of 40 miles per hour. We will be having a lay-over and landing in the Albany airport, until the blizzard lessens and it is safe again to fly. Thank you and I'm sorry for any inconveniances." 

I saw Wes smile from his seat. I glanced over at him just in time for him to say, "Look who's right again." 

I rolled my eyes, honestly a little relieved. Who knows what could have happened if this blizzard wasn't occuring. I would have flown all the way to Italy with Wes, probably missing my fashion show. There was no possible way I could ever afford to miss that fashion show. If I did, I might as well plan on working as a high school janitor for the rest of my life.

The plane inched closer and closer to the ground. Every minute or so, it would drop a little more, easily. We were close now. Close enough to make out the sparkles in the snow, and the outlinings of houses, roads, and cars. 

"So when is this fashion show of yours?" Wes asked, casually filling in the silence.

"It's in five days. Which means, I need to hurry and get on this plane to Singapore. I still have to go to a dress rehearsel for it, that starts two hours before the actual show. I have to meet with the designer to finalize the measurements and design also. Ugh, you just reminded me of all the things I have to do! Now I'm more stressed then I already was, so thanks for that." 

Wes held his hands up in a defensive pose, "Hey, I was just asking a question. No harm in that." 

The plane slightly bounced opoun the landing. I was fidgeting with my shirt collar until I realized I could finally use my cell phone. 

I fished it out from my leather purse, and instantly texted my mother the news about the layover. I told her of the dilemna I was having with the wrong flights also. My mother and I were very close all throughout my childhood. She liked to be informed of every detail in my life. Sometimes, I really was homesick for her. I only wished she could come be there for my fashion show in Singapore. Flights were just too expensive nowadays. 

"Ladies and gentlemen," the voice came over the speaker again, "We have now arrived at the airport in Albany, New York. Please wait in the region of Gate C so you will be informed of any updates on the weather conditions and flight schuedule. Thank you." Click.

I waited, almost running out of my patience, for the seatbelt sign to turn off. Once it did, which seemed like ages, I hurriedly unfastened the belt from around my slender waist and arose to get my carry-on bag out from the top compartment.

I stretched my legs, noticing how cramped they were from the long sit. I retrieved the bag from the top compartment and was already in line with the other passengers to get off the plane.

I turned to Wes. He was leaning lazily on the side of the chair. His hair was a little messy from sleeping, and his shirt was untucked. Who was I kidding, was it ever even tucked in the first place? That was so unlike him. It would be a miracle if I ever saw him dressed in something nice, expensive, or designer. 

His eyes were glued to me though. I couldn't read his expression at all. He had never once been considered an open book kind of person. He was so difficult all the time. I never knew what he was thinking, whether good or bad. He just stood there, eyeing me.