Chapter Eight

-Chapter Eight

I entered the plane, feeling a huge and overcoming amount of relief. I didn't have anything to worry about now that the blizzard had cleared and planes were flying again. Why had I even worried so much in the first place? I couldn't remember.

I scanned the rows, looking for my seat number. I laughed at the thought of him showing up in the seat next to me again. Now that would really be impossible. Besides, Wes was probably boarding a plane to Italy this very minute.

I located my seat, examining the person sitting in the window seat. I guess I would just never have my way with that one. 

His hair was brown and messy just like Wes...

Could it be? 

"Wes?" I asked, amazed. How had I not even seen him boarding the plane? If he was in the first class section like me, I should have noticed him right away. I don't know how he went completely unnoticed. How did he get away with things like that? 

All thoughts of Wes vanished as the man turned around. I was completely mistaken. He looked nothing like Wes. This man was a little paler then Wes. I couldn't help but notice he had striking features though, and entirely just as handsome. His bright grey eyes appeared to be almost endless. This man wore a nice dress shirt and a pair of black slacks. Wes wouldn't be caught dead wearing that outfit.

"What was that? Did you just call me Wes?" He asked, slightly confused. 

"Sorry, my mistake. It's just that you look a lot like this friend I know named Wes. I thought it was him for a second, but that's crazy, right? Really you don't even look like him at all, it's just your hair color. Anyway, I should probably stop rambling," I breathed. 

He started laughing, "Nice to meet you, but my name is actually Clyde. What about you?" 

I smiled, "Lily." 

He chuckled lightly, "And sorry I confused you. Maybe next time I get on an airplane I should dye my hair, huh?" 

This time it was my turn to laugh. This guy had a really awkward of taking on a conversastion, but I think I liked him. He was going to be a huge improvement from sitting next to Wes during a flight, I was already sure about that.

"So, Clyde, huh? That's an interesting name," I commented, casually. 

He scowled immediately. "Yes, I know. And you can blame my parent's for that. They had some weird and crazy obsession with Bonnie and Clyde back in the day. I think it's kind of freakish, if you ask me." 

"I think it's...creative," I offered, trying my best not to smile. 

"Creatively stupid." 

"Oh come on, it's not that bad. I've heard plenty worse." 

"Oh really? You think so? Humor me." 

I thought about it for a second. There were more then enough names that were plenty worse then the name Clyde. It actually wasn't that bad for as horrible as he was making it out to be. 

"Like...the name Gertrude. Nobody wants to be named Gertrude." 

Clyde coughed uncomfortably, "That's my mother's and my grandmother's name. It's been in the family for years." 

Oh, that was just great.

"Clyde! Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea!" 

His face looked hurt for a nanosecond before he bursted in to laughter. 

He continued on and on with laughter until his face turned a bright shade of tomato-red. "You should have seen your face!" He chocked out between breaths.