10

Gabe POV:
I know what I did to Makenna was wrong. I was really stupid for ever doing something like that and I know she'd probably never forgive me. And I deserved that. But I also deserved to be able to tell her what happened. I missed her, a lot. She was my first girlfriend. The way I handled the situation was horrible and I regretted all of it. What I did, what I said, everything. I was with a group of friends and we started to play some games. It was a dare, but all of the sudden it was more than a dare and we were kissing. I kind of liked it. But there was a part of me that kept saying it was wrong. Then she's calling me 'babe' and taking pictures of us together. I didn't even know her. She was a friend of a friend. I should have known more about her, so then I could've stayed away from her. I later found out that her name was Skye. Makenna hated Skye, and she had good reason to. Skye Thomas was the person who bullied Mak the most. She would point out Makenna's insecurities and make fun of her for them. Even the smallest thing, Skye and her band of bullies could somehow find a way to make fun of it. So to know that I not only cheated on her, but with her bully, made me feel like a horrible person. It hurt both of us. I felt really guilty when I talked to her at all after that, so I just stopped. Until I couldn't take it anymore. I knew I was dying to talk to her but couldn't handle it any longer, so I broke up with her. I think Skye knew that that was going to happen and just used me to take a good jab at Makenna. My Makenna. My amazing, smart, funny, sarcastic, cute, creative Makenna. I just needed a chance to explain. I couldn't really sleep last night and I was awake when Makenna came down the stairs and went into Cameron's room. This was my moment. I was about to get up when Hunter walked downstairs. He was probably going to go and wake up Makenna. There goes your chance, I thought. But instead, he turned toward the kitchen. Now or never, now or never, now or never.... I thought as I got up and walked towards Cameron's room, but the conversation that Cameron and Hunter were having stopped me dead in my tracks.

"You slept with her?"
"Yeah?"
"What the hell man? Why would you do something like that?"
"Do what?"
"What did Makenna do with you last night?" "Umm.....she slept with me? Really Hunter, I have no idea why you're making such a big deal about this. It's not a big deal."
"Not a big deal? How is sleeping with the girl I really like not a big deal?!"

I was confused and angry. Why would Makenna sleep with anyone? She wouldn't do something like that, or at least the Makenna I knew wouldn't. I couldn't believe her. What happened to the Makenna I knew? Not only did I have to explain somethings, but so did she. I was only a few feet away when I nearly collided into Hunter. Great. We stood there awkwardly for a good minute. Neither of us knew what to say to each other. What do you say to your ex's boyfriend? Something stupid like "I bet I'm a better kisser than you"? Or "I'm not all that bad, I swear"? He'd never believe me if I said that. I weighed my chances. She wouldn't listen to me. She still hated me. She needed more time. If she wouldn't listen to me, then I doubt she'd explain herself. I turned and walked away, letting Hunter win. She wouldn't listen to me, but maybe, just maybe, if I wrote it down, she'd pay attention. Maybe, she'd write back. I found a pen and piece of paper and wrote what I wanted to say. I put the note on the couch where she let me sleep. Then I left. She still needed time to heal, and I respected that. She also needed to explain herself and what she's been doing. That wasn't my Makenna. I sighed. She'd never be my Makenna again. She wanted nothing to do with me. I just really wished she knew how much I missed her. Maybe she'd never know. Maybe she'd never care. Maybe....

A/N ~
AAAAAAH GUYS!!!! IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND A DAY SINCE I STARTED WRITING JUST BY CHANCE AND OH MY GOODNESS I'M SO HAPPY!!! :))))) LOVE Y'ALL <3