9

Makenna POV:
Earlier the next morning, I felt Cam softly kiss me on the forehead before he left the room. I smiled and quickly went back to sleep. I'm safe now...

Hunter POV:
I rubbed my eyes as I staggered into the kitchen, still half asleep. Cam was making breakfast. "Hey, where's Makenna?" I asked, my voice groggy. "In my room, still asleep." He replied casually. "Your room?" I asked him, getting slightly angry. "Yeah, she's in my bed, asleep, like I said. You still must be pretty tired to not understand something simple like this." Cam chuckled. Who did he think he was? Why would he ever do this to me? He knows full well that I really like her so he goes and sleeps with her? And then the next day acts like it's was no big deal? Why would Makenna ever agree to something like that? She's not like that at all, so why did she sleep with him? Unless she didn't agree.....but Cameron wasn't that kind of guy.....was he? I didn't really know what kind of guy he was anymore. I couldn't believe Cameron would do this. Especially because it's illegal since Makenna's still a minor. "You slept with her?" I asked him. "Um, yeah?" He replied. "What the hell man? Why would you do something like that?" I said raising my voice a little. "Do what?" He asked, confused by my sudden anger. "What did Makenna do with you last night?" "Umm.....she slept with me?" He said, confused. I could feel my face getting red. "Really Hunter, I have no idea why you're making such a big deal about this. It's not a big deal." "Not a big deal? How is sleeping with the girl I really like not a big deal?!" I wanted to fight him, but I knew he would win. "Okay, then next time she'll go and sleep with you. Chill, man." Cam looked almost concerned. "No, I shouldn't be sleeping with her. You shouldn't either. That's just messed up Cam, I don't get why you would do this to me." I was both mad and hurt at the same time. Didn't he get it? He stared at me as if he was trying to piece together a mental puzzle and suddenly his eyes widened. "Hunter, were you thinking that I actually slept with her?" He asked me. "Well, I mean, yeah, that's usually what it's called." I responded, slightly annoyed. Cam swore under his breath. "She had a bad dream last night so she came downstairs to my room and we slept together, but nothing happened between us. We fell asleep next to each other. She was scared, that's all." Cam explained. I thought about it for a minute. "Oh, that makes so much more sense." I let out a nervous laugh. Cam cleared his throat "....Hunter," Cam looked down at the ground before he spoke softly. "I'd never do that to you. She's your girl. She's like a little sister to me."  "Thanks man." I flashed an awkward kind of smile and went to find Makenna. I knew I had overreacted but so many things have been happening to Mak, I just wanted to protect her.