Chapter 2: The Letter

My Dearest Sister, Angelica,

My heart aches as I write this Letter. Attached to this is a pamphlEt my husband took upon himself to write and publish not two days ago.
I have read through his words Four times in a single day and I can noT yet understand what must have gone through his mind when he put his quill to work.
I ask that you come home as soon as Possible, as I am unsure of how to operAte under these circumstaNces. I have sEnt him to sleep in his office as I can not stand to have him next to me as I resign myseLf to rest in the evening.
I miss you so very Dearly and wish I cOuld see yOu in the morRow.

Yours regretfully,
Eliza

Alexa set the letter down carefully, after reading it. It made no sense. This letter was written after Angelica had come home. And why was Eliza's grammar so incorrect? It was as if she was rushing. Her wording seemed jumbled and her cases were all wrong.
Alexa looked more carefully at the ink. The cases... they seemed to jump out at her.

Letter, pamphlEt, Four, noT, Possible, operAte, circumstaNces, sEnt, myseLf, Dearly, cOuld, yOu, morRow

Alexa jumped off the bed and grabbed a pen and stack of sticky notes. She began copying the uppercase letters furiously.

L E F T P A N E L D O O R

"Left panel door?" Alexa read out loud. "What does that mean? Where would that be?" She had been in the Hamilton Estate many times and remembered clearly that there were many doors and many panels and many panels on doors. What could Eliza have possibly meant?
She raced downstairs and grabbed her coat, keys, and phone, the sticky note and letters in tow, and ran out the door, locking it behind her. She walked briskly with her arm out, hailing a cab.
"Hamilton Estate, please," she told the driver.
There was only one way to find out.